At least we are winning the recruiting war, oh for goodness sake!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n78621 said:
Listening to Mick after the game, he said that either the staff is miscalculating on the talent level of the kids they are signing or the staff just isn't getting the most out of them. Honest assessment and more candid than I expected from Mick.

You can tell how dejected and frustrated Mick is now when you listen to him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ox: Therapy at its best! In all seriousness, the lack of recruits is pretty telling. Why would any kid on offense come here to rot? There's absolutely zero player development from our staff. I'm not sure what Foley is looking at these days. Maybe we should start emailing him the recruiting rankings. That's our future and between the Chump and his recruiting going downhill...we're looking at a major rebuild(3-4 years). The SEC isn't going to wait on us to get better.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n78558 said:
Did I miss signing day???

Thats like being down 4 TDs in the 4th quarter and someone saying we're going to lose this game, and your response would be, 'is the game over yet?'.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n78748 said:
How many years do you need to evaluate a coach?

More than four, apparently.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n78707 said:
As usual many here have a problem with premature ejaculation. The story of their lives.
FIFY :sadnanner:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n78629 said:
I get the feeling it is both.

It is both. My concern is that it is on offense and defense. We see 3rd 4th and even 5th year players making the same mistakes in coverage EVERY single game, would it really hurt to put Nick Washington, Marcell Harris and Quincy Wilson in the game in place of Gorman, Poole and Maye ?? Before they decide to transfer...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n78777 said:
It is both. My concern is that it is on offense and defense. We see 3rd 4th and even 5th year players making the same mistakes in coverage EVERY single game, would it really hurt to put Nick Washington, Marcell Harris and Quincy Wilson in the game in place of Gorman, Poole and Maye ?? Before they decide to transfer...

Quincy and Tabor were swapping in and out quite a bit saturday

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
G 2;n78765 said:
Thats like being down 4 TDs in the 4th quarter and someone saying we're going to lose this game, and your response would be, 'is the game over yet?'.

Choke at the Doak?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n78777 said:

Defense there is plenty of rotation, it's offense that has a lack of rotation.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TheDouglas78;n78784 said:
Defense there is plenty of rotation
You are right about more rotation on defense but nobody will convince me that Poole, Maye or Gorman should be part of that rotation. See, even when Muschimp does something right.......it still turns out WRONG......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gorman and Neal are pretty good hitters and run stuffers.

Not sure what Maye does well.

Poole is up and down. I presume he's the 11 guy who didn't get the audible that the other 10 defenders got but unless the audible was to cover 3 then Maye should have been over there, too. That being said, when you are defense in the Swamp, you have to assume there will be crowd noise and have a way to ensure that defensive audibles are received.

That's on Chimp. He'll fix that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n78829 said:
Not sure what Maye does well.

Poole is up and down.
Poole is god awful at getting his head around to find the ball. I guess his upside is sometimes he commits PI instead of giving the TD up to bad coverage....

Maye gets run over at the goal line.....that's what he does well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n78950 said:
Poole is god awful at getting his head around to find the ball. I guess his upside is sometimes he commits PI instead of giving the TD up to bad coverage....

Poole is decent in the nickel situation, but he is not a starting out on an island corner. Just doesn't seem to have the skill set or mentality to do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n78951 said:
Poole is decent in the nickel situation, but he is not a starting out on an island corner. Just doesn't seem to have the skill set or mentality to do it.
You better believe that Missouri is going to go after him every chance they get when he's one on one out wide

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.