At what point this season will we know if Muschamp will be back for 2015?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With half an offense, I can really see us getting to Jax with only one loss. So, UGA is the pivotal game and could be the end of the Muschamp era if we lose for a fourth straight year.. However, if we do make it that far with only one loss, we should beat the shít out of them...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Censor isn't working..... :scratchchin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So who will be the first Gatorchatter member to get a vacation? :suspect:

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't we let the season play itself out before we start making stupid assumptions about what will happen. If he drops the ball then fine but if he wins big this year I can assume the whiners will vanish....GET A GRIP!

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And yes I am a season ticket holder who watched the horrible season in person. It was the most painful season ever including the Jax game....regardless I am done with last year. Plenty of changes this coming up year and looking forward to a great season. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n8807 said:
So who will be the first Gatorchatter member to get a vacation? :suspect:

I've already been banned by Jabber.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's Atlanta or bust to me. If we are not representing the SEC East in a transition year in the East, it will be 5 years since we last were in the SEC Championship Game. That is unexceptable at Florida. Last time it happened, the coach for three of those years lost his job.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
No one game will define it, but I think we will have a good idea about Muschamp's future by the Georgia game. To save his job, he needs to be at least 5-2 coming into that game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good lord we've become uga of the 90s and 00s...no one team should define our season or a coaches job and especially not our whipping boy for the last 20 years. We've lost to them 3 years in a row but i refuse to stoop to an uga fans level of letting the rivalry get the best of it. They aren't worth it. I'd love to beat them again but if that's our only loss on the year im not going to complain. We have a schedule full of tough teams to play and our season will not be defined by this one game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Good lord we've become uga of the 90s and 00s...no one team should define our season or a coaches job and especially not our whipping boy for the last 20 years. We've lost to them 3 years in a row but i refuse to stoop to an uga fans level of letting the rivalry get the best of it. They aren't worth it. I'd love to beat them again but if that's our only loss on the year im not going to complain. We have a schedule full of tough teams to play and our season will not be defined by this one game.
+ 1

If 2012 repeats itself with 11 wins this year, but Muschamp is fired because he did not beat UGA or win the East, then no coach would want to come here. There's 100 other factors for Foley to consider before he decides to fire Muschamp, even though I agree that beating UGA and winning the East are both very imporatant accomplishments.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
No Coach would want to come to a top 5 job in the country, because a coach failed to meet expectations? I think that is being a little over dramatic.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
I think he has to go 8-4 pre-bowl to have any chance of remaining and may need one of the wins to be against Georgia - he may survive with 4 losses including Georgia only due to Foley being on his side but the big boosters may force his ouster possibly in that scenario.

As far as when we will know - I think the Tenn and LSU games are huge. Lose to both and he is 100% gone - even splitting the two if we already lost to Bama makes me think he will not survive.
This. We can lose to Bammer, LSU and FSU and he stays. But if we lose to the Dogs too, he's gone.

And should be.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n8676 said:
that only matters on how well the season is going up to that point. If UF is undefeated and loses that game it has 0 impact on him being here. We already have 2-4 losses at that point and he's gone. uga is important to the fans and some may still want him gone if he loses to uga and it's our only regular season loss like 2012 but that is not reality. There is 0 chance that happens.

:exactly:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad said:
Gator Fever;n8673 said:
He would have been gone last year if Zook standards applied.

I disagree, the Zook firing was due to more than wins and losses. Zook had completely lost control of his team and it showed on the field. Whether Muschamp wins enough or not this year remains to be seen but he has not lost control of the program.
Disagree. Muschamp LOST the team last year and it played out all over the place.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Not over dramatic at all. How many teams do you know that have fired their coach after winning 10+ games because they didn't win their division or beat their rival? Why would someone go to a school that does that? Spurrier has had 11-win seasons the last three years, but didn't win the East in any of those years. Do you think he should be fired if he falls short of the division again too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.