At what point this season will we know if Muschamp will be back for 2015?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go ahead and make the prediction. Champ will stay. He will have a good season.. maybe 9-3 and the team will show much improvement over last year (especially the offense).

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Good lord we've become uga of the 90s and 00s...no one team should define our season or a coaches job and especially not our whipping boy for the last 20 years. We've lost to them 3 years in a row but i refuse to stoop to an uga fans level of letting the rivalry get the best of it. They aren't worth it. I'd love to beat them again but if that's our only loss on the year im not going to complain. We have a schedule full of tough teams to play and our season will not be defined by this one game.
If our expectations revolve only around beating uga then we need to seriously reconsider our expectations. It's one game in a 12 game season...we also have bama, lsu, and fsu on that schedule...add in USCe and it's a possibility of 4 more top 10 teams on our schedule. I'd trade a victories in all of those games over 1 uga victory any day

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
I'll go ahead and make the prediction. Champ will stay. He will have a good season.. maybe 9-3 and the team will show much improvement over last year (especially the offense).
+ 1

But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this team won only 7 games or even 11 for that matter. There are so many unknowns.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
It will only take a couple games to know if our offensive philosophy is changed enough to make a difference this year. If we get a 10 point lead and then start running on every play, we'll know nothing has changed. I want to see a killer instinct from the offense this year. That will tell me things are looking up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Good lord we've become uga of the 90s and 00s...no one team should define our season or a coaches job and especially not our whipping boy for the last 20 years. We've lost to them 3 years in a row but i refuse to stoop to an uga fans level of letting the rivalry get the best of it. They aren't worth it. I'd love to beat them again but if that's our only loss on the year im not going to complain. We have a schedule full of tough teams to play and our season will not be defined by this one game.
Good lord, no one is getting fired for winning ten games in the SEC...not this year or probably ever.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll know pretty soon on the offensive philosophy changes. With the way WM's luck runs it would not shock me to see them beat BAMA then lose to LSU, UGAly, and FSUck.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
It's over dramatic if you think no coach will come here if Muschamp is fired for not making the SEC Championship game. Very over dramatic. Now if he wins 11 and losses to UGA and doesn't make the SEC Championship game. Then that is a conversation at that time, but with this being a transition year in the East. It also could be completely winnable with only 8 or 9 wins.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n9439 said:
We'll know pretty soon on the offensive philosophy changes. With the way WM's luck runs it would not shock me to see them beat BAMA then lose to LSU, UGAly, and FSUck.
Luck doesn't have much to do with it.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The dawg better beat the Dawgs for me to get off his case. I always expect the money and rep at UF to get us 8.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n9626 said:

Disagree strongly....... with any luck we would have had 7/8 wins last year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n9626 said:

The luck I was refering to was not of the flattering origin.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Luck means mitigated injuries throughout the season so that most of our starters are on the field. Amen ;)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n9757 said:
And a Liberty Bowl berth? What does its say when you need to be lucky to win 7-8 games?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
The Cocktail party will be the defining game in my opinion.
Ight he makes it that long

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think if we win our first 3 in a boring low scoring fashion then lose to bama and lsu badly he'll be gone. What I think is bull **** is how some people feel he should keep his job if we're competitive. I think he should be held to the same standard as Meyer and spurrier. Piss on hoping it doesn't get ugly against bama. This is how far we've fallen since he got hired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, competitive. We have some idiots in our fanbase that have some Vole blood apparently. They are happy with a moral victory here or there so long as the loser coach is nice to some people at the winter alum meetings.

I also hear people saying he may "win some that he shouldn't." They said that same thing of the that dung heap coach we had, Zookie. We are UF. There is no game we shouldn't win. We're a top 5 school, even when we have a bottom 5 coach.

We shouldnt be getting blown out by 3rd tier SEC teams and cupcakes like Vandy and Jorga Southern ever. And we shouldn't need luck to be a 3rd tier SEC team, ever.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n9757 said:
Correct. And luck is what led us to an 11 win 2012 instead of a 7/8 win.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n9846 said:
We used up 5 years of luck in 2012.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I think if we win our first 3 in a boring low scoring fashion then lose to bama and lsu badly he'll be gone. What I think is bull **** is how some people feel he should keep his job if we're competitive. I think he should be held to the same standard as Meyer and spurrier. Piss on hoping it doesn't get ugly against bama. This is how far we've fallen since he got hired.
Meyer is the one that took our program to the basement. Have you forgotten what Saban did to him - made his Esophagus spasm, made him quit and made him run up north. We just haven't clawed our way out, yet. I like Muschamp and think he will turn it around, this year; but, I have to agree with Law. I don't want to see average improvement - I need to see something to be excited about.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n9846 said:

Teams not being prepared for the Jumbo package. In 2013 when we tried it they seemed to be ready for it unlike 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator