aTm vs USCe Game Thread

Swampy

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as SC was getting whipped they still had a chance in the 3rd qtr. Down 17, had just stopped aTm, had momentum and were driving. Had a chance to score and close within 10 points which would have made it a new ballgame. And then on a third and short......throw a bomb for a pick. Boom. Momentum gone. Game over. Still scratching my head about that one.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy;n37436 said:
As bad as SC was getting whipped they still had a chance in the 3rd qtr. Down 17, had just stopped aTm, had momentum and were driving. Had a chance to score and close within 10 points which would have made it a new ballgame. And then on a third and short......throw a bomb for a pick. Boom. Momentum gone. Game over. Still scratching my head about that one.

Throwing the deep pass was the only thing that was working for them most of the night.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n37438 said:
Throwing the deep pass was the only thing that was working for them most of the night.

It did work twice, but I felt like they started going for it more awesome... like shooting 3's at the end of a game when there is plenty of time left. They needed a more sustained drive to give their D some rest and wear A&M down some. If they did that then possibly they are down 10 with the ball, but they didn't :-)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n37453 said:
It did work twice, but I felt like they started going for it more awesome... like shooting 3's at the end of a game when there is plenty of time left. They needed a more sustained drive to give their D some rest and wear A&M down some. If they did that then possibly they are down 10 with the ball, but they didn't :-)

They had no running game, and the short passes weren't working. They were stuck with 15+ yard pass plays.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They had started to run the ball decent on the last couple of drives. I think Davis being out really hurt them, but you are right they really did only have 15+yard pass plays, but that is still a big difference than going for 40 or 50.

What really impressed me about the Aggies last night was the OL. Even when Hill didn't get rid of the ball quickly he had a lot of time to sit back and wait for somebody to get open. Nobody was around him so he could step into every throw calmly.

When was the last time we saw a UF QB have that amount of time in the pocket. If Driskel gets that amount of time he may really impress people! I hope our OL is greatly improved this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n37472 said:
They had started to run the ball decent on the last couple of drives. I think Davis being out really hurt them, but you are right they really did only have 15+yard pass plays, but that is still a big difference than going for 40 or 50.

What really impressed me about the Aggies last night was the OL. Even when Hill didn't get rid of the ball quickly he had a lot of time to sit back and wait for somebody to get open. Nobody was around him so he could step into every throw calmly.

When was the last time we saw a UF QB have that amount of time in the pocket. If Driskel gets that amount of time he may really impress people! I hope our OL is greatly improved this year.

If Jeff gets the kind of time in a clean pocket Hill had last night, he will absolutely destroy opponents. That Oline was impressive. Now, was SC'd Dline that bad, or aTm's Oline that good? The rest of their seasons will tell.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n37476 said:
Now, was SC'd Dline that bad, or aTm's Oline that good? The rest of their seasons will tell.

I think a lil of both.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n37314 said:
Wow. That's absolutely starling.

Didn't finish my thought last night, had a problem at one of my rentals I had to go deal with. They only had 23 commits and 7 didn't make it all on D , Lammons made it by the skin of his teeth, no way he would have gotten into Florida so probably, besides Tabor that the kid left for USC(e). I read an article where they interviewed SOS jr , and he tried to play it off,what else is he gonna do, but to lose 1/3 of your class which is small to begin with is a killer. I don't care about Mike Davis or how good he is, when you become that one dimensional you're screwed, see us last year.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I picked TAM but I never expected this kind of Butt Kicking!

I'll wait a few games before declaring TAM Conference Champions.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n37906 said:

I picked em too!!!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Turk182;n37906 said:

I picked em too!!!
Why did you pick TAM?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Turk182;n37906 said:

I picked em too!!!
Because usc lost just about their whole d line and qb who accounted for alot of their o. And tam has recruited better and sumlins teams will always be able to put up some points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb