Aubrey Soloman revisited

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
My daughter graduated with Aubrey today at Lee County High School. After my daughter went up to him and said "shoulda picked Florida" and he shook my hand and and said "I know just great recruiting"......what the hell does that mean????

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd assume he meant that we got out recruited.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
It means he's an 18 year old that got put in a tough spot and didn't know what to say. He was trying to get out of the situation without being rude or continuing an uncomfortable conversation.

Sounds like a polite and respectful kid.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
th

Someone knows you have to fight Bama's fire with your own.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It means he's an 18 year old that got put in a tough spot and didn't know what to say. He was trying to get out of the situation without being rude or continuing an uncomfortable conversation.

Sounds like a polite and respectful kid.

Or, idk..... maybe he meant that he would've liked to have ended up at Florida but our staff sucks donkey balls at recruiting :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
th

Someone knows you have to fight Bama's fire with your own.
Such a lame, tired excuse. How do you explain us losing recruits to Kentucky, Indiana, Rutgers etc? Everyone on the planet is cheating? And our coaches are just too virtuous?

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So you harassed a teenager you don't know about his college choice at his high school graduation? What other strange things have you done this weekend?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, his daughter did.
Sounds like they both did. I mean I know my parents went up to some random kid at my high school graduation and said, "You should have picked Yale," when the kid was going to community college. I'm just glad to see others have the same odd behavior.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like they both did. I mean I know my parents went up to some random kid at my high school graduation and said, "You should have picked Yale," when the kid was going to community college. I'm just glad to see others have the same odd behavior.
Are you trying to say we wouldn't have taken him?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well there's a leap in logic if I've ever seen one.
In your comparison you said a kid should have gone to Yale and instead went to community college. If the kid actually got into Yale then it seems like telling him he should have gone there would be reasonable.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In your comparison you said a kid should have gone to Yale and instead went to community college. If the kid actually got into Yale then it seems like telling him he should have gone there would be reasonable.
You don't understand hyperbole or sarcasm, do you? My whole point is it's a tad weird to harass or chide a kid you don't know about their college choice immediately after they graduate high school.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You don't understand hyperbole or sarcasm, do you? My whole point is it's a tad weird to harass or chide a kid you don't know about their college choice immediately after they graduate high school.
Your statement wasn't sarcasm or hyperbole. Just a bad comparison.

Why do you think it's weird? Do you think that's the first time someone he didn't know gave him a hard time about it?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Unless, since they were classmates and this may have been a long-going joke between the two kids.??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Such a lame, tired excuse. How do you explain us losing recruits to Kentucky, Indiana, Rutgers etc? Everyone on the planet is cheating? And our coaches are just too virtuous?

You think we are doing what Bama, Ole Miss and Auburn etc. does on that level? Being UF with the number of top recruits here we should always be about top 5 as a starting point if that was the case. Ole Miss at least is in trouble now and under the microscope and Auburn probably backed off a little also due to the Cam stuff but I don't think we are in their ball park with our recent recruiting results.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Your statement wasn't sarcasm or hyperbole. Just a bad comparison.

Why do you think it's weird? Do you think that's the first time someone he didn't know gave him a hard time about it?
I'm certain it wasn't. Doesn't make it any less weird. Leave the kid alone and let him go where he wants to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.