Recruiting Auburn set to open brand new $28 million "recruiting center"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The whole thing feels like a housing bubble. Heed '46's advice in his post earlier today.
Yeah, I heard. The next Great Recession, Bammer and those other fifty teams destroying us in facilities wont make it.

Just like the last Great Recession.

Which didnt affect them in the slightest.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I heard. The next Great Recession, Bammer and those other fifty teams destroying us in facilities wont make it. Just like the last Great Recession.
Print, baby, print!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not wanting to start another thread....but UGA's $63 million stadium renovation is finishing up. And they have a brand new locker room:

Look: UGA Shows Off Incredible New Locker Room

Kirby Smart, entering his third year in Athens, has already given most Georgia fans more than they could have dreamed of. An incredible season that seemed like a fantasy had wins over Notre Dame, Florida, Auburn, and Oklahoma. This was just the beginning for the Dawgs though, as they added a No. 1 recruiting class and a new indoor practice facility.

The Bulldogs were a bit behind in the arms race of college football facilities during the Richt era, but with the indoor facility now completed, the Dawgs are upgrading even more. The West end zone of Sanford Stadium received a serious upgrade over the offseason, which included a new players locker room.

The new lockers feature more room, new carpet, a giant “Power G” wood logo on the ceiling and much more.

Sanford Stadium’s $63 million renovation project also includes a brand new scoreboard and recruiting space for Smart to continue his magical work. The scoreboard is 33% larger than the previous size and creates an upgraded gameday experience for fans.

This weekend, Georgia showed off its new locker room to players and recruits at an event Smart deemed “The Reveal.” Below, players and fans show videos of the new locker room, along with reactions to the masterpiece.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I had a picture of the piece of crap dorm room I was in during my Freshman year. Football players were there too. A/C...no. Bathrooms in the dorm..no. Size of the place for two...tiny. Clean?...hadn't been painted in years. Free from roaches...no...we had roach night. It was right of passage. Rule for freshman...survive and get the hell off campus.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The timing was all wrong -- assuming you're not a big fan of Gator baseball. Just as they rose to the top, circumstances led to them needing a new home. The fallout from throwing a newly crowned CWS champion out on the street would have been enormous.

It wold have been very easy. "Look we are so proud of what the baseball team has done that we are building you a brand new $30M field to play on. Of course you'll have to be inconvenienced for a year while it's being built but you're going to love it!" Fvkc even I could have sold that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Print, baby, print!
It isnt printing. It is stop handing the money back to the university, to send it to god knows what. Maybe to the endowment.

But we are under great pressure to spend the damn endowment. These endowments are larger than the budget of many small Caribbean or African countries.

Hard to plead poverty when you have three BILLION or more in bank.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It wold have been very easy. "Look we are so proud of what the baseball team has done that we are building you a brand new $30M field to play on. Of course you'll have to be inconvenienced for a year while it's being built but you're going to love it!" Fvkc even I could have sold that.
How is this not OBVIOUS?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The timing was all wrong -- assuming you're not a big fan of Gator baseball. Just as they rose to the top, circumstances led to them needing a new home. The fallout from throwing a newly crowned CWS champion out on the street would have been enormous.
Yeah, all 50 fans would have been pissed! Lol

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It isnt printing. It is stop handing the money back to the university, to send it to god knows what. Maybe to the endowment.

I brought that up 50 posts ago. Try to keep up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not wanting to start another thread....but UGA's $63 million stadium renovation is finishing up. And they have a brand new locker room:

Kirby Smart, entering his third year in Athens, has already given most Georgia fans more than they could have dreamed of. An incredible season that seemed like a fantasy had wins over Notre Dame, Florida, Auburn, and Oklahoma. This was just the beginning for the Dawgs though, as they added a No. 1 recruiting class and a new indoor practice facility.

The Bulldogs were a bit behind in the arms race of college football facilities during the Richt era, but with the indoor facility now completed, the Dawgs are upgrading even more. The West end zone of Sanford Stadium received a serious upgrade over the offseason, which included a new players locker room.

The new lockers feature more room, new carpet, a giant “Power G” wood logo on the ceiling and much more.

Sanford Stadium’s $63 million renovation project also includes a brand new scoreboard and recruiting space for Smart to continue his magical work. The scoreboard is 33% larger than the previous size and creates an upgraded gameday experience for fans.

This weekend, Georgia showed off its new locker room to players and recruits at an event Smart deemed “The Reveal.” Below, players and fans show videos of the new locker room, along with reactions to the masterpiece.

Some still trying to claim Ugly is behind us in facilities?

:lmao2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not now. We're the last of the last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.