Austin Appleby to enroll at UF

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He looks kinda thick for a QB. I hope he isn't taking PEDs...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't believe we took this guy

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There's a lot of thick QB's who worked out (Roethlisberger is rather thick). I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near Big Ben, but let's just hope he doesn't get as thick at Jared Lorenzen.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the highlight video for Appleby. Here's what I see:
1. When he catches his own pass (on a batted ball) , he isn't looking to throw it for a second time.
2. He stands tall in the pocket and throws a pass, even though he knows he's going to get hit.
3. Strong arm - can throw the out pattern.
4. Purdue's offense looks similar to ours.
5. He's more athletic than we think.

6. Actually directs the other players like a QB should. Harris would never do that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Harris did the first year, but last year he went Full Driskel. Either they took that away from him, he just doesn't understand the playbook or his confidence is completely shot.

Applebees highlights are against Marshall and Eastern Michigan, keep in mind.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought mac and nuss were qb whisperers? Why aren't qb's lining up to play for em?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Harris did the first year, but last year he went Full Driskel. Either they took that away from him, he just doesn't understand the playbook or his confidence is completely shot.

Yes, and he is playing with Purdue, which had zero talent around him. He was an elite 11 invite, as a high schooler.

Remember, this kid is about to play behind a O-line that received baptism by fire last year. He is going to have 3 very good backs behind him, two pass catching TEs and some very good WRs. They have all spring and summer to get in step with each other. I like his addition to our offense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yes, and he is playing with Purdue, which had zero talent around him. He was an elite 11 invite, as a high schooler.

Remember, this kid is about to play behind a O-line that received baptism by fire last year. He is going to have 3 very good backs behind him, two pass catching TEs and some very good WRs. They have all spring and summer to get in step with each other. I like his addition to our offense.

Thank you for some common sense. Its a rarity here dont ya know....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because they're turrible recruiters.
They haven't been overly impressive that's for sure. I'll try to wait until signing day before I decide how I feel about recruiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like his addition to our offense.
I do too. I'm surprised we got any graduate to come here to hold a clipboard, likely. Del Rio has the leg up, obviously, because of his past experience with the same or similar playbook, but I won't be surprised if these two push each other.

All we need is a guy who can hand off, get us in the right protections, and throw short and medium ones quickly and with decent accuracy.

I expect the second year improvement for our OL to be instantly recognizable. We probably won't be dominant but we won't be a disaster like last year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought mac and nuss were qb whisperers? Why aren't qb's lining up to play for em?
I can't believe they didn't bring the QBs with them when they were hired.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot of thick QB's who worked out (Roethlisberger is rather thick). I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near Big Ben, but let's just hope he doesn't get as thick at Jared Lorenzen.

There's a lot of homoeroticism in this post

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They haven't been overly impressive that's for sure. I'll try to wait until signing day before I decide how I feel about recruiting.
No way. You should really be asking why he didn't have the cream of the crop recruits before he even got to Gainesville. He's obviously sitting on his ass cashin checks. McElchamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No way. You should really be asking why he didn't have the cream of the crop recruits before he even got to Gainesville. He's obviously sitting on his ass cashin checks. McElchamp.
You're right. As long as hes trying.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

And Nebraska, and Wisconsin, and Minnesota, and Illinois, and Michigan State, and Virginia Tech, and Iowa, and Northwestern. But your point remains, Purdue is the juggernaut of the Big 10 and he should easily have highlights against teams like this. I don't even know why we bother with kids like Appleby when we have 4* studs from the state of Florida like Treon Harris on our roster. Frustrating.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't say that.

Btw, you know this isn't like the NFL.....right? ;)

Some times its REALLY hard to know when a guy is being serious or not. Is t-gator being serious or not? That is what I want to know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator