Back to back losses to FSU: Who wouldn't want to fire Mac now?

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Despite being an insufferable douche all the time, you're still my favorite poster.

Glad we won. I was cheering like crazy. However, it never should have come down to that play, and if LSU doesn't screw up the pitch, they score and win.

You want to see a major attitude shift with the fan base? Let's beat Bama and win the freaking SEC. Not the damn division, let's win the conference. I don't care about winning the east and never have in my 27 years as a fan. It means nothing unless you win the SECCG.
only an insufferable douche on this bizarro-world board.

I understand having expectations and wanting things to operate a certain way. I totally get it. I learned a long time ago to enjoy the good things when they happen because the bad tends to outweigh the good. I don't see the benefit in being miserable about impending doom, when I know I'll be miserable when it arrives. Especially since nothing we do as fans will change the course of the season. We have no control.

thanks for not banning me for the cheapshot. unless that's coming:lol:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
only an insufferable douche on this bizarro-world board.

I understand having expectations and wanting things to operate a certain way. I totally get it. I learned a long time ago to enjoy the good things when they happen because the bad tends to outweigh the good. I don't see the benefit in being miserable about impending doom, when I know I'll be miserable when it arrives. Especially since nothing we do as fans will change the course of the season. We have not control.

thanks for not banning me for the cheapshot. unless that's coming:lol:
I'm with you, dude. Enjoy the good. It really is great to be a Florida Gator.

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
Personally I'm pumped about this win!!!!

My biggest gripe with Muschamp thus far has been his inability to keep the team motivated week to week but I am hopeful we are turning that corner. This win along with the construction of new facilities should drastically help recruiting.

Go Gators......I will sleep well tonight........
Despite being an insufferable douche all the time, you're still my favorite poster.

Glad we won. I was cheering like crazy. However, it never should have come down to that play, and if LSU doesn't screw up the pitch, they score and win.

You want to see a major attitude shift with the fan base? Let's beat Bama and win the freaking SEC. Not the damn division, let's win the conference. I don't care about winning the east and never have in my 27 years as a fan. It means nothing unless you win the SECCG.
Have to win the East before we can play for the SECCG, let's not forget that.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm ecstatic that we won. i was absolutely incensed when Mac refused to try and put the game away, however. It was a gutless coaching performance, offensively, on those two series. Calling that ridiculous pitch on 3rd and inches and then spitting the bit by not even trying to put them away. Mac hasn't show any stones. Let's face it. We were very, very, lucky to survive that fiasco of a coaching decision. I can live with his yellow teeth but ineptitude is hard to take.
My God. The box was stacked, everyone and their mother thought we would run it up the middle on the third and short play. The coaches tried to do something different to catch the D off guard. If we ran it up the middle and got stuffed, I'm sure you'd b!tch about us running the ball up the middle six plays in a row.

Do you call the play that netted our only touchdown of the game "gutless." Throwing deep from our end zone is a ballsy call, especially considering we have a patchwork oline and LSU has a stout defense. Again, there is room for improvement for Nuss, but coaches shouldn't be defined by a few plays, good or bad. Our team was well prepared for this game and came to play. We also had NO PENALTIES or turnovers today either. But you're right, fuq the coaches :rolleyes3:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We don't win the East, this board throws an epic hissy fit. We win the East, and a select few just throw a smaller hissy fit. Business as usual.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Not to start an argument or anything but doesn't the fact that we had 9? starters on the bench or hospital, we had to play 2nd and 3rd string guys in one of the most hostile game sites anywhere and we still won. Prove that we do have some quality depth?

Some of you guys seem to ignore the simple evidence in front of you. We don't play pretty boy football and our room for error is slim but we are SEC East Champions and no one else is.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It means you get to go to the SECCG. You can't win it, if you ain't in it.

If we beat FSU I will actually give us a fighting chance vs Bama. Right now we are in a similar place to last year going into the FSU game. Bad offense and winning with defense. Mac gets a lot of credit for the win in BR. Beat the clowns

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, there is room for improvement for Nuss, but coaches shouldn't be defined by a few plays, good or bad.
He isn't. He is defined by finishing near the bottom of the NCAA 3 years in a row. That is actually hard to achieve AND maintain employment. It may never be broken.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
i thought nuss blew it when we were driving from our own 1 and running all over them with Scarlett. Jordan was on fire all the way out to our 40 and then on second and three, nuss starts calling pass plays. drive bogs down and i thought we were in trouble at that point.

appleby did not execute the pitch on the one yard line well. otherwise, that's likely a TD. but i thought the playcalling after the fumbled kickoff was cowardly. i know for sure SOS would have taken at least one shot at the end zone to set the tigers back on their heels a bit. not so with nussy.

but there's no doubt this will move the meter a bit with recruits who are seeing guys one or two years older than they are pulling off a big win and a trip to the SECCG.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He earned a bigger leash today for sure. I'm not sold on mac but that was a hell of win. Best win in a few years.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Not to start an argument or anything but doesn't the fact that we had 9? starters on the bench or hospital, we had to play 2nd and 3rd string guys in one of the most hostile game sites anywhere and we still won. Prove that we do have some quality depth?

Some of you guys seem to ignore the simple evidence in front of you. We don't play pretty boy football and our room for error is slim but we are SEC East Champions and no one else is.

Some key points u make.

1. The college playoff selection committee members will take into account WHERE a victory is earned.

2. This team is different since the debacle at Arkansas. AA is QB, not noodle -arm/injured LDR. AA is better than he was earlier in year. He has much more accuracy and touch on short /intermediate passes.
McCoy at center has helped make the entire OL better. Scarlett has emerged as the goto runner. Frosh linebackers stepping up. Yes, depth is pretty good so far.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I don' t understand this place. Or I don't fit in. This is suppose to be a message board for Gator fans, right?

It seems a lot more like a place of a bunch for miserable f@cks to piss and moan.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I don' t understand this place. Or I don't fit in. This is suppose to be a message board for Gator fans, right?

It seems a lot more like a place of a bunch for miserable f@cks to piss and moan.

True, but if u look and listen closely, you'll discover some Gator gems who don't take winning so badly .

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've got dibs on Tre'Kievious.
Why you changing your name so soon..hell you just got named motherfuker today. No way Butters on thin ice after winning 9 two years in a row. Mac's not Steve Spurrier but then he doesn't have the players Steve had. Granted the recruiting has got to improve or we don't. Like somebody else on here said 9 starters were out. We got a fukin Freshman playing center for christs sake. While the corndogs have an interim coach they are loaded with talent. They have some of the best dbs in the country. They were without Fournette today except for a couple of plays but his backup Guice came in averaging over 8 yards every time he touched the ball. Think about that. they returned their entire defensive line from last year. Every one of those guys could be on somebodys roster in the big leagues. Pretty or not todays win was a heartattack on wheels. That goal line stand gave me chills. I don't have a problem with the pitch that everybody's crying about because it was the right call. They had it set up perfectly...Scarlett was running like a D9 Catepillar in high gear and when they spelled him with Pee-rine he was ripping off 8 and ten yards at a time. So when youre on the one and they load the box looking at the 4 hole where Scarlett was making money for 6 plays in a row the pitch was a great call. That ain't being cute, that's good playcalling. I disagreed with the decision to kick the fieldgoal up by three in the 4th quarter. No matter what we were turning the ball back over to them with a lot of time left on the clock and 6 points doesn't cover a TD and PAT. I would have thrown the long ball. If it was intercepted they still had to drive the length of the field to score. As far as passing at what you may feel is the wrong time thats dictated by what the defense gives you. They load the box or show blitz you throw.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gladly.

I disliked the thread because instead of reveling in the win (4th and goal on the 1 foot line with 3 seconds on the clock, DAMM that was sweet), you start this thread for what? Generate controversy, gig other Gators,...?

You thought I was trolling with this thread? REALLY? :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's been dealt a crappy hand. I'll wait until one of Franks or Trask play until I give up on him. Look at the strides we are making on O, you going to give props or just move to the next thing you can cry about?

P.S.- his job is to actually win games, and he's averaging 9 wins a year :grin:
You were melting down in the box earlier. If that back had gotten another 6 inches you'd be on here with your pitch fork lol.

Seriously jay, you're the most Jekyll and Hyde poster we've ever had.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You were melting down in the box earlier. If that back had gotten another 6 inches you'd be on here with your pitch fork lol.

Seriously jay, you're the most Jekyll and Hyde poster we've ever had.
I don't know I heard Law today say he wasn't on the FireButters train yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.