Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He could benefit from staying. Bad move... IMO

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good move for the team and the fans. I have seen very little improvement from this guy in the 2 full years he has played so I am quite fine with Ivey going to LT (where he is better suited) and letting another youngster begin to develop. Best of luck to you Sharpe, but I doubt seriously he will get more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. Just too soft!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly don't agree with the decision, but I do think he got better. I think a senior year would have been huge for him in terms of NFL draft.

Overall... I can never blame a kid for chasing his dreams and hope he does well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We've got to lead the country in juniors who have no business declaring early.......declaring early. How many undrafted juniors have we had in the last 5-7 years?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm, it would benefit him to stay but Geesh, Don't think its a good decision on his part.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wish him luck but I'd be lying if I thought this wasn't addition by subtraction. He played horribly and didn't give much effort on a lot of plays (business decision?). Didn't appear to be physical at all either.

Hope he proves me wrong in the NFL though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watch him actually focus and get in shape now and be a good lineman in the NFL.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wish him luck but I'd be lying if I thought this wasn't addition by subtraction. He played horribly and didn't give much effort on a lot of plays (business decision?). Didn't appear to be physical at all either.

Hope he proves me wrong in the NFL though.
Agreed. I think Mac called him out a couple of times for not playing/practicing with an injury, without actually mentioning his name, but it seemed pretty obvious. I think Mac was tired of his shenanigans (lazy, soft) and is probably happy to see him go.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watch him actually focus and get in shape now and be a good lineman in the NFL.
ala Humprhries - some of these guys respond to $$ only and have little pride or loyalty - the lure of $$ will bring focus and the desire to be better.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember some of our other o-linemen from the past couple years who stunk it up for us getting drafted. Who knows what these overpaid NFL scouts see?
:dunno:

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Getting a FR on the OL who can play immediately is now paramount IMO
While I agree with the sentiment, we don't have anyone on our board (other than Leatherwood) who would fit that bill, IMO (and Leatherwood ain't going to UF). So we're going to have to move Ivey out and fill in with the what we have already.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
ala Humprhries - some of these guys respond to $$ only and have little pride or loyalty - the lure of $$ will bring focus and the desire to be better.

When the scouts watch the 10ersee game and watch him get destroyed, he's going to be selling insurance with the iowa QB that the announcers proclaimed the second coming of Troy Aikman.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how money motivates, right?

He'll be drafted and have a decent career.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Getting a FR on the OL who can play immediately is now paramount IMO

Well we definitely need bodies for depth. But I think our starting line will be pretty damn good. Leatherwood would probably start at guard over Forsythe? He's the only freshman that I think would possibly start over Forsythe. But it's highly unlikely he even for him. I'd rather all freshmen come and sit for a year. But you're right in that somebody like him would definitely get playing time next year.

This is a pretty damn good starting lineup.

LT: J. Taylor
RT: Ivey
LG: Jordan
RG: Forsythe
C: McCoy

Next in line:
Buchanan
Desir-Jones
Heggie
Harkless

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When the scouts watch the 10ersee game and watch him get destroyed, he's going to be selling insurance with the iowa QB that the announcers proclaimed the second coming of Troy Aikman.
I disagree. They'll look at his potential, measurables and combine results and will draft him in the first 3 rounds. They'll ignore any bad tape on him and claim they can work with him and fix his issues.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac needs to present to these "NFL qualifiers" by the middle of their junior year with a probability and
statistics outcome, customized to that player's scientifically weighted outcome of where each's data leads
as to NFL path. Students majoring in Probability & Statistics (complex math calculations) would gladly do
this consultation connection. = win-win.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree. They'll look at his potential, measurables and combine results and will draft him in the first 3 rounds. They'll ignore any bad tape on him and claim they can work with him and fix his issues.
I hope they can. Wish him the best

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When scouts put on the UT tape, they'll see a guy who got his butt kicked against a first round pick. He simply lacked the quickness to deal with Barnett's speed around the edge. Sharpe will be move to RT or guard in the NFL. He simply lacks the ability to be an NFL LT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator