Bama's New OC will be........?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I thought it was all about the OC. I keep reading how Mullen won 2 NC's at UF. Maybe having an elite HC has something to do with winning after all.

^ This. I’ve always said that a great college coach can have much more impact on the W/L record, even with lesser talent, more so than in the pros. Saban has now built it up to the point that he gets the talent, too, but having a kick azz HC alone should get you 10-11 wins per year. Throw in very good talent and the nattys will come. Unfortunately, we’ve had inferior head coaching going on 8-9 years now.

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
There was a FREEZE in Tuscaloser today:

[Updated at 7:25 p.m.] Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa today and was in the football building, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Saban has always had a healthy respect for Freeze, who gave Alabama fits with his offense. Freeze was given a head coach restriction and two-game suspension but only if he were to become a head coach. He would face no restrictions as an assistant coach. (tidesports.com)

Satan flirting with a sideways offense perhaps?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My sources (the saucer people) tell me that Nick has put out feelers to Attila the Hun.- truly a man after his own heart.

I don’t know. Attila is more a speed/attack the edges guy who goes more air than ground attack. Saban seems to prefer the shield wall and the timely long bow.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

[Updated at 7:25 p.m.] Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa today and was in the football building, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Saban has always had a healthy respect for Freeze, who gave Alabama fits with his offense. Freeze was given a head coach restriction and two-game suspension but only if he were to become a head coach. He would face no restrictions as an assistant coach. (tidesports.com)

Hugh Freeze in Bama...looks like the bag man is going to need a bigger bag.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

This would not shock me one bit. In fact, I half expected it. And we won't hear a peep from the sports writers nor will Saban be questioned about the ethics of it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Bama should stay away from HF. I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole.
I cant imagine it. Even if he werent the NCAAs pariah, is Saban going to go to a spread offense and recruit a bunch of jitterbug rbs and receivers?

There wouldnbe riots. Dollar Generals across the Bammernation would burn.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The differences in the approaches by Nick and Attila are notable to be sure. However, I'm assured by my special friends that the mutual admiration is so strong that almost anything could be "worked around."

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
^ This. I’ve always said that a great college coach can have much more impact on the W/L record, even with lesser talent, more so than in the pros. Saban has now built it up to the point that he gets the talent, too, but having a kick azz HC alone should get you 10-11 wins per year. Throw in very good talent and the nattys will come. Unfortunately, we’ve had inferior head coaching going on 8-9 years now.

The question is what do we have now? Too soon to tell obviously. Hopefully he's ready to step up his game now that he has the keys to a flagship program.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The question is what do we have now? Too soon to tell obviously. Hopefully he's ready to step up his game now that he has the keys to a flagship program.

I don’t know either. For selfish reasons I hope he tears it up and wins NCs by the truck load...it would be nice to again enjoy watching Gator football in the fall. However, I’m to the point where I’ve got to see results on the field before I get too optimistic.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now they are saying even if not as OC, Freeze still could be hired for some other staff position.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Freeze with Tua would be scary. Maybe Tua could keep him out of the titty bars.

Freeze didn’t have to go to the titty bars...he just dialed the phone number and the hookers came to him. Maybe next time, the dumb fcvk won’t dial from his university issued, FOIA covered cell phone. :giggle:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can't find my favorite gif on the subject:

From his rebel cell, he dialed whore, whore, whores

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Rotoworld_Draft: Report: Alabama to promote Locksley to OC http://tinyurl.com/yaopan92

Football Scoop reports that Alabama will promote WR coach/co-offensive coordinator Mike Locksley to offensive coordinator.

Rather than cast a net outside the program, it looks like the defending champs will be promoting from within. They're in need of a new offensive coordinator after Brian Daboll -- on staff for just the 2017 season -- took the same position with the Buffalo Bills several days ago. While OC will be a promotion for Locksley, it's a job that he should be able to handle -- he previously worked as offensive coordinator at Maryland (2012-15) and Illinois (2005-08), with head-coaching experience at New Mexico (2009-11) on top of that. His move up the ladder should play well in the locker room -- Damien Harris has already stumped for him to receive the gig -- and has the additional benefit of keeping the recruiting ship on a steady course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator