Baseball injuries...

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
I'm ashamed that I haven't kept us as much this year but who are the injuries they keep talking about and will they return during this post season?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Injuries have been brutal for this team all year, but thankfully it did not hit our 3 starters. For this team to win the SEC regular season was amazing and landed us the 3rd seed overall. But we can ill afford to fall into the losers bracket if we make it to Omaha. With that said here is a Cliffs Notes version of this years big injuries. Rivera missed over a month but is now back. Guthrie and India missed a ton of time, but both are back, but obviously no where near 100%. Langworthy missed over a month, but came up big time on Monday. Larsen is the only current injury that is out, but is expected back this weekend after taking one on the noggin in the SEC tourney. We are not 100%, we squandered a zillion chances in the regionals b/c we stink at small ball, but we advanced. I would feel more confident if we had 2 more reliable arms in the bullpen (besides Byrne), but I think that the larger number of pitches thrown by the 3 starters this season has taken its toll. But on that count, I am not blaming Sully b/c he usually is ultra cautious on pitch count, but this year he had no option. The bullpen was so horrendous for most of the year he had no choice but to ride those 3 guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.