Gator Baseball Baseball Supers: UF vs. Auburn

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UF has been to the CWS 12 times. 7 times under SULLY. Sully doin work baby!!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Oh wow what a happy finish to a tight and frustrating game. More base running errors to give away outs, more clutch pitching and a superb sneak run. Auburn made several lights out defensive plays. That kid who pitched long relief for them was solid.

And while I’m thrilled for our CWS berth, I also said “Ouch” out loud when I saw the ball careen off the AU outfielder’s glove for the winning home run. What an awful moment for him. Almy wife said, “Why couldn’t it have been just out of reach?”

I thought the ball wouldn’t have cleared the fence without that bounce, but I’m not sure.
https://es.pn/2JwR1Wy

Your thoughts?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter. WHY not be happy that WE, the Gators WON the game?? It stands as a HR and a win so its over and UF is going to the CWS. Put an * by it if you want but I am not. Go Gators!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
See that the chat box is saying the ball would have hit the fence. I thought it would have cleared the fence, even though the deflection did help. What is the consensus here?

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Watched this series off and on but based on some of the BA's I saw Sully might need to find a few that actually want to hit the ball.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the ball was going to hit the top of the wall, so I'm glad we literally got the lucky bounce. Now on to Omaha to take on the pigs!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It was an amazing game. Frustrating too. But the good guys won.

And that's all that matters. We're going to Omaha baby, ready to do it again! Good game Auburn you left it all out there. Who was the assclown announcer that was slobbering knob about anything Alabama the whole damn game?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Oh wow what a happy finish to a tight and frustrating game. More base running errors to give away outs, more clutch pitching and a superb sneak run. Auburn made several lights out defensive plays. That kid who pitched long relief for them was solid.

And while I’m thrilled for our CWS berth, I also said “Ouch” out loud when I saw the ball careen off the AU outfielder’s glove for the winning home run. What an awful moment for him. Almy wife said, “Why couldn’t it have been just out of reach?”

I thought the ball wouldn’t have cleared the fence without that bounce, but I’m not sure.
https://es.pn/2JwR1Wy

Your thoughts?

See that the chat box is saying the ball would have hit the fence. I thought it would have cleared the fence, even though the deflection did help. What is the consensus here?

I don’t think it would have cleared without hitting the glove...but I’ll take it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

It was traveling at light speed on a rope. Ball was going out!
As far as I am concerned, the picture nails it. The picture shows that he is very near the wall and the ball is well above the wall. There is no need to make much allowance for the angle of the photographer. He had to be above the ground and at that distance the upward angle is very, very slight.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Doesn't matter. WHY not be happy that WE, the Gators WON the game?? It stands as a HR and a win so its over and UF is going to the CWS. Put an * by it if you want but I am not. Go Gators!!

I’m thrilled we won, no *, the play is the play. It was just unusual.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And that's all that matters. We're going to Omaha baby, ready to do it again! Good game Auburn you left it all out there. Who was the assclown announcer that was slobbering knob about anything Alabama the whole damn game?

I think Dari Noka called the game. Typical hyping of the underdog.

Not sure who did the color commentary as he was eminently forgettable.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Facing TxTech on Sunday. A little revenge game for the basketball team.
Oh, and I don't think Langworthy's HR clears the wall without help, but the dude got robbed by some stellar D his prior two at bats and karma was on his side. I'm a firm believer in karma, man.
:bandit:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
POWERADE must be paying them good money for that policy. Too bad POWERADE tastes like watered down Koolaid mixed with anal leakage.

It's called poring rights.

Just as Pepsi backed up a Brinks truck at UF 10-12 years ago and took the business from Coke after over 50 years as the beverage provider, Coke owns the pouring rights for the NCAA. As a result, UF can still sell Gatorade in the stands but all products visible to the public on TV must be Coke products.
If you notice you will see the same thing in Omaha and all other NCAA events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.