Baseball takes out Noles

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I didn't see if anyone had posted this, but Gators took out Noles in Gainesville last night 14-8. That's 5 in a row vs. FSU.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I watched the last couple innings... it wasnt even close. Holes were completely dominated, game ended on a 2-2 called strike. P*ssy nole didnt even bother to swing at it. :hehehe:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That is fantastic. I've never seen that before. Go Gator Baseball.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nice to see the base running is creative and very good so far this year. If I recall it was not good at times last year.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n193518 said:
It paaaaains the holes losing to us in baseball.

What's their excuse now? Winston isn't playing?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n193465 said:
They also pulled off the old "runner on first falls down to distract the pitcher while the runner on third steals home" trick play.

http://www.secsports.com/video/12504576/florida-richie-martin-steals-home

My high school team used to do a variation of that trickery, but it wasn't when someone was already on first. If there was a runner on third, and a batter, particularly a speedy one, was walked, that batter would book it to first and round the base extremely wide and go to the back of the infield and stop. By rule, as you round first, walk or not, the base path is what the runner makes it. They would totally forget the runner on third who would then score as they tried to deal with the batter that was just walked. Every single time without fail that opposing coach would be FURIOUS!!! Arguing about the baseline, etc. And every time our coach would already have the rule book open to the page and simply hands it to the umpire and the umpire would rule in our favor, every single time. It was really fun to watch.

Dec 10, 2014
MidwestChomp;n193529 said:
What's their excuse now? Winston isn't playing?

I just know my fsu friends are baseball fans are very sensitive about their baseball team and Martin not bringing them to the promised land. they hate it when we are better in baseball than them and their "living legend" coach

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
URGatorBait;n193560 said:
My high school team used to do a variation of that trickery, but it wasn't when someone was already on first. If there was a runner on third, and a batter, particularly a speedy one, was walked, that batter would book it to first and round the base extremely wide and go to the back of the infield and stop. By rule, as you round first, walk or not, the base path is what the runner makes it. They would totally forget the runner on third who would then score as they tried to deal with the batter that was just walked. Every single time without fail that opposing coach would be FURIOUS!!! Arguing about the baseline, etc. And every time our coach would already have the rule book open to the page and simply hands it to the umpire and the umpire would rule in our favor, every single time. It was really fun to watch.

Ooh, good idea!

Never seen/heard that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.