Gator Baseball Baseball: UF vs. Kentucky

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good to take 2 of 3 from a highly ranked team. We're one of the nation's top 4 HR hitting teams. That is a new asset that we've not had previously. It ups our average runs per game. Makes wins easier, comebacks easier.
Go Gators.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
UK takes Game 3 by a score of 3-2. JJ's solo homer in the bottom of the 9th, only the 2nd hit of the game for us, cut the deficit to one run, but Langworthy grounded out to end it. Gators take the series against a good team so a good weekend all in all. Not scoring in the 1st with bases loaded and no outs kind of set the table I guess for a long day. Along with Dyson being terrible it was an uphill climb. Great day by the UK starter going 8 innings. Big props to Leftwich who threw 6 complete innings in relief on only 80 pitches and only 2 hits. did not overpower the Cats, but pitched to contact and let his defense help him. I expect to see Leftwish next Sat. against Auburn and perhaps we might see Dyson in relief this coming Tuesday nite again Mercer. Dyson needs a wake up call after being so good his first 3 starts this year!!!!
Agree that it's time to give another guy a chance to be the #3 starter. Dyson has actually started 10 games this year, but has not pitched well at all the last month. For the season in 10 starts he has only thrown 48.1 innings, given up 46 hits, 22 walks, hit 12 batters, with 49 K's. His lack of control is killing him and now he seems to have lost confidence. But today's loss was due to the rest of the team's lack of hitting. You hold KY to 3 runs, normally the Gators win. But we had the bases loaded, no outs in the 1st and didn't score. Their pitcher was clutch, we had 12 strike outs and just didn't make good contact all day. But taking 2 out of 3 in Lexington is a good thing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Agree that it's time to give another guy a chance to be the #3 starter. Dyson has actually started 10 games this year, but has not pitched well at all the last month. For the season in 10 starts he has only thrown 48.1 innings, given up 46 hits, 22 walks, hit 12 batters, with 49 K's. His lack of control is killing him and now he seems to have lost confidence. But today's loss was due to the rest of the team's lack of hitting. You hold KY to 3 runs, normally the Gators win. But we had the bases loaded, no outs in the 1st and didn't score. Their pitcher was clutch, we had 12 strike outs and just didn't make good contact all day. But taking 2 out of 3 in Lexington is a good thing.

Wow, thanx for putting Dyson's numbers up as they are almost abysmal. I say that b/c I thought he was pitching the best of the 3 weekend starters the first month of the season. His start against scrotUM, even tho we lost that game, was terrific. But he has been a trainwreck lately and needs a lot of bullpen session time with Sully to get straightened out. We need him badly come tourney time!

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
What I would call an uncharacteristic showing today. 2 hits? Really? Disappointing end to a great series.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Poor hitting has been a problem in nearly all of our game 3's this year. We've scored 3 runs or less in 5 of 9 series, had one where we only scored 4, and another where we scored 5. Not making excuses for Dyson, he's clearly lost command, but the kid hasn't gotten much run support this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.