Baseball's Hall without Bonds or Clemens is a joke

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get my wrong. I think Chipper Jones, Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Thome and Trevor Hoffman are all worthy inductees, but in front of Bonds or Clemens? Give me a break.

If you think Bonds or Clemens was good only because of PEDs, I guarantee you never played baseball a day in your life.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't agree more 78. Chipper is probably the best switch hitter since Mantle. He deserves it, as do Sheff/Bonds/ Rose and a number of others that likely never will. I'm not sure how one can justify keeping Bonds/Rose out while not holding Chipper accountable for his past discretion as a married man knocking up a hooters waitress.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the hypocrites keeping Rose, McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, etc... out of the Hall are as guilty as any one of them. The sin might not be the same, but they're still just as guilty.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bonds’ stats aren’t really good enough to get in even with the drugs. He really only had two decent years. He was average.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would support them making the Hall only if it were in a special wing called “the players that ruined baseball”.

I love almost all sports, but I lived and breathed baseball from the time I could walk until after high school. I loved it because of the “purity” of the game, which fundamentally hadn’t changed for 100 years. You could legitimately compare a number of statistics across generations...a .400 batting average, or 60 HRs, or a 2.0 ERA meant something in all of the eras.

And these guys ruined that. They knowingly and purposefully cheated, smashing records as a result of that cheating that sullied the parts that made baseball great.

So f*ck them...no way they should even be on the ballots.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you think Bonds or Clemens were good only because of PEDs, I guarantee you never played baseball a day in your life.
Barry Bonds presteroids was a nice 300 and 25 hr year a guy, a nice player no doubt. He was basically, Bobby Bonds, who isnt in the HOF either.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would support them making the Hall only if it were in a special wing called “the players that ruined baseball”.

I love almost all sports, but I lived and breathed baseball from the time I could walk until after high school. I loved it because of the “purity” of the game, which fundamentally hadn’t changed for 100 years. You could legitimately compare a number of statistics across generations...a .400 batting average, or 60 HRs, or a 2.0 ERA meant something in all of the eras.

And these guys ruined that. They knowingly and purposefully cheated, smashing records as a result of that cheating that sullied the parts that made baseball great.

And players from years ago, many of them now in the Hall, routinely taking amphetamines (aka greenies) wasn't?

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

^ This. Sas is right, they did it to themselves.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't agree more 78. Chipper is probably the best switch hitter since Mantle. He deserves it, as do Sheff/Bonds/ Rose and a number of others that likely never will. I'm not sure how one can justify keeping Bonds/Rose out while not holding Chipper accountable for his past discretion as a married man knocking up a hooters waitress.
That doesn't have anything to do with the play on the field. If we were going to keep every adulterer out of the HOF, it'd be a pretty barren place.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
That Hooters waitress, she add extra juice to his swing power, help him with his gambling?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That doesn't have anything to do with the play on the field. If we were going to keep every adulterer out of the HOF, it'd be a pretty barren place.

Yeah i'm with you there on Chipper. He definitely belongs. I happen to believe Barry does too, but can see why others disagree.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That Hooters waitress, she add extra juice to his swing power, help him with his gambling?

That Pete Rose is a bum who happened to be a great player. I've seen the bum doing autographs at a sports memorabilia place in the Mandalay Bay.Security wouldn't let you get within ten feet of the bum unless you bought something expensive for him to sign then pay him a ridiculous amount of cash.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pumpkin head steroid Bonds should not get into the hall. He was very good preroid, but his numbers really inflated once he started power roiding. That should not be rewarded.

Chipper in the hall is completely legit, he is top 3/4 3B of all time. Without roids.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
The joke is on the juicers.

Rose has never admitted all that he did regarding gambling on baseball so until then nothing's happening. Besides, he probably makes more money this way as the gy who should be in the hall but who is being victimized blah, blah, blah.

When it concerns athletes, star or not, society is IMO too willing to turn a blind eye. CC fraud for 40, Art.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
The Hall is a popularity contest....the players are sponsored by a local sportswriter....so the players have to get cozy with the beat writers....and if a beat writer doesnt like the guy, then he wont sponsor him. All players have skeletons...whether they were banging Hooters waitresses or gambling on the sport or taking uppers/downers/inbetweeners, etc....it is all hypocrisy...and the sportswriters think they are holier than thou. My favorite player growing up was Thurman Munson. Have a ball signed by him AND Catfish Hunter. Munson did everything the right way from what I could tell. Was the best catcher in MLB behind Bench at the time. He needs to be in the Hall! RIP Thurman.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

I disagree. What they did was wrong. But literally the advantages gained from steroids are directly unknown on that level. You take a hall of fame hitter in Bonds, is it really going to make him astronomically better to be the greatest ever. You can assume this happened, but it's just an assumption and not correct imo.

Added to the fact that pitchers were using it just as much as hitters....Bonds didn't have a clear advantage if you believe it gave him one

I mean Dee Gordon got busted for steroids and he isn't even as strong as most high schoolers lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb