Baseball's Hall without Bonds or Clemens is a joke

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Baseball has rules, players violate rules, players should suffer the consequences......

In today's culture where rules have become suggestions and laws are open to consideration, it doesn't surprise me that many want to pretend that these guys didn't do anything wrong. Although I clearly have a problem with it, most baseball fans I know don't believe in rules so I am sure they will get in soon.

A baseball hall of fame that includes blatant cheaters is a joke.

My argument is not that rules don't matter. My issue is how the HOF voters determine who broke the rules and who didn't. They are arbitrarily deciding who was or was not a "rulebreaker" during that particular era of baseball.

And let us not think that those heroes of yesteryear were more pure and noble than those of the steroid era. Hall of Famer Willie McCovey says that was not the case.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5932871-h...ey-openly-admits-players-used-peds-in-his-day

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
All these dated photos of Bonds. Lol, so scientific. I'll bet you guys think Jordan roided up, too. Look at him in '87 and then in '95. It couldn't have been aging or hitting the gym.
So now Bonds was completely clean. Oooohhh, OK.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My argument is not that rules don't matter. My issue is how the HOF voters determine who broke the rules and who didn't. They are arbitrarily deciding who was or was not a "rulebreaker" during that particular era of baseball.

And let us not think that those heroes of yesteryear were more pure and noble than those of the steroid era. Hall of Famer Willie McCovey says that was not the case.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5932871-h...ey-openly-admits-players-used-peds-in-his-day

I cannot argue with "the rules don't matter" since that appears to apply to nearly everything in America today.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would support them making the Hall only if it were in a special wing called “the players that ruined baseball”.

I love almost all sports, but I lived and breathed baseball from the time I could walk until after high school. I loved it because of the “purity” of the game, which fundamentally hadn’t changed for 100 years. You could legitimately compare a number of statistics across generations...a .400 batting average, or 60 HRs, or a 2.0 ERA meant something in all of the eras.

And these guys ruined that. They knowingly and purposefully cheated, smashing records as a result of that cheating that sullied the parts that made baseball great.

So f*ck them...no way they should even be on the ballots.
I feel the opposite. Jose canseco's whistle blowing ass ruined baseball. Baseball was great when when these muscle headed pricks were smashing 70 homers a year and throwing 110 mph fastballs. Its no where near as entertaining. And for years the news was flooded with news about steroids in baseball and it burnt everybody out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.