Gator Basketball Basketball Recruiting Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
college basketball is gonna take huge talent hit.

I thought the same thing until looking into the g-league. They have 26 teams. So, they have room to expand a little more. But truth is, they could only take so many high schoolers each year unless they start booting other players out. I think the schools which will be truly impacted are the elite schools like Duke and Kentucky.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just a guess, but I think the product on the court is all relative. Maybe ncaa takes a hit, but I think the quality of play will still be entertaining.

I agree that the blue bloods are the ones who take the biggest hit. It might level the playing field a bit. Not a ton, but a little bit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Kids too young to make life-determining decisions, say 12 year olds, will abandon any efforts at studies, grades and key even more on playing basketball? This G-League philosophy is not for the benefit of the youngsters.

Won't having fewer "highlight" performers in college basketball drop the quality of college basketball.
I mean, what crowds are gonna want to watch a bunch of white guys play basketball? :p

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the same thing until looking into the g-league. They have 26 teams. So, they have room to expand a little more. But truth is, they could only take so many high schoolers each year unless they start booting other players out. I think the schools which will be truly impacted are the elite schools like Duke and Kentucky.
Duke and Kentucky will just start getting the best 4 year players. It will take away our advantage of having a team full of 4 year players vs Kentucky's one and dones.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just a guess, but I think the product on the court is all relative. Maybe ncaa takes a hit, but I think the quality of play will still be entertaining.

I agree that the blue bloods are the ones who take the biggest hit. It might level the playing field a bit. Not a ton, but a little bit.
It won't. They'll still get the best players.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
1. Don't you mean 1.5 semesters of college?

2. College basketball might lose a bit physical talent, but the teams might be better.
1. No I don't mean the 1.5 semesters. I mean the patric youngs of the world who think they're one and dones but in all reality, they're not even an nba player. There's gonna be plenty of guys that pass on the opportunity for a free education when they shouldn't.
2. I disagree. How are teams gonna be better with less talented players?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Duke and Kentucky will just start getting the best 4 year players. It will take away our advantage of having a team full of 4 year players vs Kentucky's one and dones.

Seems the G-League movement will fade the redness of UK's red carpet to the NBA, leaving other routes just as valid.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Party pooper!
I'm sorry. I was a little grumpy when I posted that. I was trying to take a dump and post in peace and my kids was bangin on the door. It was just annoying the hell out of me.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm sorry. I was a little grumpy when I posted that. I was trying to take a dump and post in peace and my kids was bangin on the door. It was just annoying the hell out of me.

So, you’re literally a party POOPER. Nailed it!

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
What an incredible recruiting run. Going to be fun seeing how it plays out on the court.
Excellent job, Mike White. Go Gators!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have 4 commits; two 5-stars and one 4-star. The other is a 2-star?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 2 star is a best friend of the 5 star Scottie Lewis.

And a preferred walk on.
If we lose somebody other than Allen, Hayes and Hudson, who are gone due to graduation, we can go after another recruit, such as CJ Walker to add some size to the 2019 class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.