Gator Basketball Basketball Recruiting Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If he's so confident in going to UK, why delay the announcement.

I don't have much confidence when it comes to going against UK for a recruit. Coach Cal is one of the best. He's turned UK into an NBA factory which I think he is more proud of than any ncaa title. I'd love to see White haul in two 5 stars. It would be good for the program.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Here is my take on Lewis:

UK has the #1 player at his position, recruiting another hard, most likely will have a bunch of guards and wings back unless they magically leave before they should...Lewis is good friends with Mann, one of his best friends is going to be a walkon, he has visited Florida upwards of 10 times vs 2 to UK, Florida is losing 3-5 guard/wings, his AAU coach and the walkon's dad went to Florida.......my prediction is Florida and I am about 95% confident.

That said, UK and all of their media is overly confident he is theirs.

In the end I truly believe an 04 style of a recruiting class...but better....is on the horizon for us.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never feel good about a recruit when going against Kentucky. But even if he picks Kentucky it won't be the first time we've lost a recruit to em. Hard to compete with that kind of pay day. White will just have figure out another way to keep beating Kentucky's ass.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thanks for the insight @LeeForThree. I didn't know about him visiting UF 10 times. That's a big plus for us. It shows how much he loves the campus.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don't have much confidence when it comes to going against UK for a recruit. Coach Cal is one of the best. He's turned UK into an NBA factory which I think he is more proud of than any ncaa title. I'd love to see White haul in two 5 stars. It would be good for the program.

True, that's just the kind of dlckhead he is. I can't stand the guy, especially when he's constantly whining about how hard his job is because of all the early departures. His record is crap considering how much talent he always has on his teams.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Ha - nice.

I was thinking us, but it works for UK too, I guess. Were they ever good in football before?
I think I read that it's been since the 80's since they were ranked in FB. Probably corresponds with the last time they beat us LOL. We need to put them back in their place and start another streak like we have with UToothless.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ha - nice.

I was thinking us, but it works for UK too, I guess. Were they ever good in football before?

Actually, yes. Then the FB coach realized the uk faithful valued Bball 1000 times more than FB, so he left. Turns out, Bear Bryant landed on his feet somewhere else.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
New commit:

fckya.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He's not a center unless he puts on some serious weight and grows a few more inches. Regardless this is a big pickup!

And don't you know BMF is already on top of this stuff....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator