Basketball Recruiting

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I'll take that but id rather somebody tonya hardy his ass
Why? He's looking out for his best interest. It's not his fault we signed a guy without a resume or The ability to sell success. That's on Foley. We could've had a great coach but we went with Foleys MO, young, unproven and cheap. We're not an elite program without an elite coach. If white wants to get big time recruits he either needs to hire a better staff or be able to sell the program. He hasn't done that and IMO he can't.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Yeah, that bugs the hell outta me too. He's been committed for a year. White found him before anyone else. I hope he sees through the Calipari bs. And now White may be scrambling for a PG, which we really need in his class...and a PG who can play big minutes right away.
That's mike whites problem. You guys sound like the guy that is married to the ugly chick who gets in shape and becomes hot. You think your her best option but never sold her on why she should stay and what you can build together. Problem now she's getting attention from successful established men and she dumps you and you're pissed. Its not the girl's fault for your lack of development and success

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alexander is visiting Texas over the weekend. We are totally off the list. He's down to Kentucky, UNLV, Texas and Syracuse.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/11/8/13570138/shai-alexander-cuts-list-sets-decision-date-recruiting

Someone needs to ask White about this sh*t.
Yep, they're saying all 15 crystal balls to KY - he's supposed to announce Monday. It sucks, but you can't blame him if that's where he ends up.
What I don't understand is his interest in UNLV. I can see KY, Cuse and TX, but UNLV? Their coach is in his first year (Marvin Menzies) and is no more of a name than White, though he is from the Pitino coaching tree.
TX and Cuse are both currently loaded with underclassmen guards, so I'm not seeing the allure to go to either one of those schools. It's gotta be between us and KY, and unfortunately KY wins that recruiting battle 99% of the time. Our only hope is that he sees immediate PT as soon as he steps on campus, whereas at KY, he'll likely ride the pine his first year and then will have to battle the constant influx of top 20 freshmen guards throughout his career there. I'm still holding out hope that he comes to UF to be 'the man'. But I'm a hopeful kinda guy, except when it comes to the football team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's mike whites problem. You guys sound like the guy that is married to the ugly chick who gets in shape and becomes hot. You think your her best option but never sold her on why she should stay and what you can build together. Problem now she's getting attention from successful established men and she dumps you and you're pissed. Its not the girl's fault for your lack of development and success

Well that's a dang good analogy. But, just because they have more $$$ and success, doesn't mean they know how to treat a lady. Like I said, someone needs to ask White about this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well that's a dang good analogy. But, just because they have more $$$ and success, doesn't mean they know how to treat a lady. Like I said, someone needs to ask White about this.
The Kentucky bag man came knocking in his door. It was a classless move by the little prick.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Team playing well and a 5* on an unofficial visit... make it rowdy Saturday Gators!

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Team playing well and a 5* on an unofficial visit... make it rowdy Saturday Gators!

Great to see White bringing in the top recruits for a visit. Now hopefully he can start landing them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
6'8" small forward, 185 lbs ... 20.8 ppg ... 9.8 rebounds/g

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
UTn has a similar team to last year, not much size, but I assume a good bit of skill. It would be nice if guys like Robinson, Hayes and Egbunu exploited this lack of size.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

For a consensus 5-star and top 10 player in the nation, he's lacking offers from the big time programs, but they'll likely come calling. We could use another 6'8" swing type and this kid would obviously be the centerpiece to the 2018 class - he's played guard as well, so he can handle the ball well and apparently shooting is a strength. We really need to get a top-notch guard for 2018 though, with Chorizo (and probably Allen) gone after next season. leaving a Sophomore (Okauru) at the point. We're gonna be a young team for a couple of years after this season.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For a consensus 5-star and top 10 player in the nations, he's lacking offers from the big time programs, but they'll likely come calling. We could use another 6'8" swing type and this kid would obviously be the centerpiece to the 2018 class - he's played guard as well, so he can handle the ball well and apparently shooting is a strength. We really need to get a top-notch guard for 2018 though, with Chorizo (and probably Allen) gone after next season. leaving a Sophomore (Okauru) at the point. We're gonna be a young team for a couple of years after this season.

I think Allen is gone after this year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For a consensus 5-star and top 10 player in the nation, he's lacking offers from the big time programs, but they'll likely come calling. We could use another 6'8" swing type and this kid would obviously be the centerpiece to the 2018 class - he's played guard as well, so he can handle the ball well and apparently shooting is a strength. We really need to get a top-notch guard for 2018 though, with Chorizo (and probably Allen) gone after next season. leaving a Sophomore (Okauru) at the point. We're gonna be a young team for a couple of years after this season.
I definitely expect us to go after a pg in 2018.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
For a consensus 5-star and top 10 player in the nation, he's lacking offers from the big time programs, but they'll likely come calling.

I'm sure Cal will come calling once White offers him a scholarship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.