Basketball team needs to be renamed the "Florida Heartbreakers"

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
F YOU OLE PISS. Of course the ridiculous off balance NBA three goes in.

I am so tired of this season. Can it just end???

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I want to rip that kid's dreads out. >_<

Team is bad enough this year without being cursed with every game winning shot seeming to go in in the final seconds.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They play great defense the whole possession, kid throws up a prayer and it goes in. Ballgame.

harryshrug_zpsb5c8276d.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Frustrating, especially when we can't hit a wide open layup with less than 3 minutes left in the game. We're lacking the clutch gene, but we lost 4 seniors, so I'm not shocked. I just didn't think there would be this much of a drop off.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n176445 said:
They play great defense the whole possession, kid throws up a prayer and it goes in. Ballgame.

harryshrug_zpsb5c8276d.jpg

Story of the year in games that come down to the wire.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Season's lost as it is. Let the rest of the games serve as prep time for next year.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
NavetG8r;n176444 said:
This isn't a nice thread.

It wasn't a nice game.

props to the team for fighting the whole game against a better team, but they just can't figure out how to close a game out.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n176448]Season's lost as it is. Let the rest of the games serve as prep time for next year. [/QUOTE]

I'm a coach. Middle school level or not, I am hyper competitive, and games like this ruin my night.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n176452 said:
I'm a coach. Middle school level or not, I am hyper competitive, and games like this ruin my night.

I'm sure I'd have been frustrated, too, had I been watching.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
This team is frustrating. They have looked so good at time and 5 minutes later they looked like they have never played a game before. If I were coaching I would have Walker in there the entire game until in is so tired he can't go anymore, sit him down to rest the play him again. Give him all the playing time you can this year to prep him for next year. Have 4 fouls in the first 5 mins? Make him stay out there. Fouls him with 12mins to go in the game? Send him over to the local YMCA and get him playing time. Kid needs to see the floor and get some experience in.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell is chiozza even playing? It's so hard to win with small guards. He'll always be a liability defending the 3. When we play hill and chiozza we're a liability on both ends. God I can't wait till this year ends. I've never seen a softer collection of division one players. Nobody wanted the damn ball those last two possessions. I'll never understand how chiozza made it to this level if you're going to be 5'6" you have to be special like that Moody kid for ole piss. I expect some transfers this off season just like last time when we went to the nit. I also don't think we'll have a winning record. Words can't describe how pissed I am.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n176480 said:
This team is frustrating. They have looked so good at time and 5 minutes later they looked like they have never played a game before. If I were coaching I would have Walker in there the entire game until in is so tired he can't go anymore, sit him down to rest the play him again. Give him all the playing time you can this year to prep him for next year. Have 4 fouls in the first 5 mins? Make him stay out there. Fouls him with 12mins to go in the game? Send him over to the local YMCA and get him playing time. Kid needs to see the floor and get some experience in.

Seriously? He's the absolute worst defensive player on the team. A liability if you ask me. He's constantly out of position, doesn't communicate when he decides to leave his assignment and is generally lost. At this point, I don't know if he's capable of being coached to play at this level. He's an athletic freak, but has the BB IQ of my sister.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n176489 said:
Seriously? He's the absolute worst defensive player on the team. A liability if you ask me. He's constantly out of position, doesn't communicate when he decides to leave his assignment and is generally lost. At this point, I don't know if he's capable of being coached to play at this level. He's an athletic freak, but has the BB IQ of my sister.
I'm hoping he transfers. I don't think there's ever been a bigger bust. Dude might have the worst feel for the game I've ever seen in a college basketball player.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n176492 said:
I'm hoping he transfers. I don't think there's ever been a bigger bust. Dude might have the worst feel for the game I've ever seen in a college basketball player.

He could really use some individual work. Something he can't get because of the NCAA rules on how much time they can spend with the players. You know, he may be better suited for the NBA game where he can just run the floor, dunk it and try to block 5-6 shots per game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n176503 said:
He could really use some individual work. Something he can't get because of the NCAA rules on how much time they can spend with the players. You know, he may be better suited for the NBA game where he can just run the floor, dunk it and try to block 5-6 shots per game.
Haha he'll never even sniff the nba.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n176488 said:
Why the hell is chiozza even playing? It's so hard to win with small guards. He'll always be a liability defending the 3. When we play hill and chiozza we're a liability on both ends. God I can't wait till this year ends. I've never seen a softer collection of division one players. Nobody wanted the damn ball those last two possessions. I'll never understand how chiozza made it to this level if you're going to be 5'6" you have to be special like that Moody kid for ole piss. I expect some transfers this off season just like last time when we went to the nit. I also don't think we'll have a winning record. Words can't describe how pissed I am.

Why the Chiozza hate? He defended that last possession about as well as you can. The guy made a lucky Hail Mary. I'm sure Frazier would've been in the game if he was available, but you gotta play with whatcha got.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's still basketball season?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n176488 said:

When is Chiozza gonna learn that a small guard like he is just cannot drive the lane into the "land of the giants" and then discover he's got nowhere to go, can't put up a shot, can't pass it out to the perimeter, can't do anything. And as you pointed out, he can't defend the three.

It's just so ironic that during the end of football season we were all anticipating winning during hoops season, and now we can't wait til football Spring training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator