Basketball vs. Miami tonight

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Anybody else see the screen shot that's floating around of the last Miami inbound play? The guard steps out of bounds before we intentionally fouled...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We could have used Chris walker. Hope he thinks twice next time about violating team rules

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's basketball. Unfortunately it was against the Canes.
We were lucky to be up by 12 at halftime - had to shoot 60% to do that.
My quick hits:
Hill had a horrible game. Rodriquez was unstoppable in the 2nd half.
Hill just needs to find his shot (any shot), then things will get a lot easier for him.
Frazier had to create anything he got tonight. He's got some work to become a complete player.
Loved Chiozza, Horford and Carter.
We got reinforcements coming.
Go Gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n109119 said:
Originally posted by DRapp View Post
Inexcusable loss on your home court to an unranked state rival. I'm actually angrier than Saturdays's loss to South Carolina. Inexcusable.

Seriously?

Yep

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow… we just lost at home to Miami. You had that…. Miami. I'm sure we'll drop and we oct to Scum. After leading by 15.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
It's just 1 game early in the year, no biggie. It will take some time for this team to mesh together. This is not the same team we will see in a couple of months.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is definitely a bad loss to a lesser team, but I think it will help Billy get their attention. There are a lot of guys on this team that haven't played together and not having DFS, Walker and Murphy makes a difference.

When Kurtz (as great of a story as he is) is playing a lot of minutes... you are in trouble.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the Miami game last night, front row in the student section. Seeing us lose in person for the first time ever in basketball was weird, and not fun after what's happened earlier this week.

With that said, this team did show fight, and they did battle back. If a missed goaltending call in the first half is called, we win the game. Or if the whistle gets blown on Frazier's last shot. Also the charge was a little ridiculous. However, we could not stop Rodriguez, and that's something we could control to an extent. We miss Scottie.

I think we will battle back, and have a decent team come tourney time. Losing early tremendously helped our team last year, I think this will again.

Go Gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scottie wouldn't have been able to do anything about Rodriguez last shot. We only had 6 scholarship players last night. I like the direction the team is heading. Horford being a pick and pop guy is going to be handy when we play Kentucky

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a transition year. I expect a few questionable loses before the team starts to play to their potential, especially when undermanned last night. Rodriquez started to catch fire, and he was dealing. All five defenders could have been on him and those shots would have still fallen. We just didn't put up enough offense to counteract that. It's a learning experience for a young team.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget we also lost Devon Walker (our best defender) before the season even started. He would have made a difference.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's one bad loss that we shouldn't have lost. It sucks but this team has the potential to be another very solid team. Probably not a NC caliber team but one that could challenge for the SEC and another elite 8. We just need to get everyone back and playing together. It will take time and there will be some more hard losses but one that very well could mature and start hitting their stride in Feb/Mar/Apr

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We need Murphy, Walker, Walker, and Finney-Smith back. Now Devon is out the season, but it doesn't help we're short what we should have once Chris Walker is off suspension, Finney-Smith comes back from the injury, and Alex Murphy is allowed to play in I believe they said 8 more games. Or is it 7. Whatever the case, we'll look much different and be hopefully much better in due time.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
It really looked like it started when Eli Carter got chippy with Rodriguez. It ignited Rodriguez and Billy sat Carter down. As it was happening I didn't like it from Carter. You have to be the top 10 team and that's just an ant trying to mess with you. Don't give him extra motivation late. I like the fire but didn't like it right there.

Also, the announcer saying "This young man wanted to fulfill his dream and come into this country to play college basketball..." He's not a refugee from Sudan or something. He's from ****ing Puerto Rico.

God that game was annoying. All that being said it's early and it will help us more than hurt us. Rankings are bull **** in college basketball. Let's get guys healthy/off suspension and start to mesh.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Missing 6'10" C. Walker & 6'10" Murphy makes this team intramural.
Big men inside increase rebounding (increases UF scoring, decreases UM scoring).
Big men block & change shots. Big men improve the passing/playmaking of the guards.
A bigger threat inside opens up the outside shot for Frazier et al.
Billy will pull this team together into a contender.
Problem: Kentucky looks unbeatable this year. They have 2 five-star teams and Calipari
just exchanges all 5 for substitution, so the team is always 5 guys used to working together.
And the fresh incoming 5 go like a house o' fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator