Basketball: What Will Egbunu-type Transfers Do To Prepare

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ignorant ? What can transfers do during sit-out time, to get better…. both off-season and in season. ?? Can't let him rust.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They can practice. Just can't play, no?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I believe they can practice. So he should still be contributing to the team helping us prepare for other teams. Also he's not going to rust,idk if you've seen our basketball practice facilities they're bad ass.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, they can practice and do everything else with the team other than games. Gives them a year to adjust to the new surroundings, build chemistry and learn the system. Not necessarily a bad thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n6233 said:
Yep, they can practice and do everything else with the team other than games. Gives them a year to adjust to the new surroundings, build chemistry and learn the system. Not necessarily a bad thing.
I don't disagree a bit. I think Billy likes having them on campus for a year. Didn't he say he recommended he sat out a year anyhow?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n6243 said:
I don't disagree a bit. I think Billy likes having them on campus for a year. Didn't he say he recommended he sat out a year anyhow?
I think so. It's almost like a redshirt year and gives them another year of physical and mental maturity.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He can practice but he can't dunk during warmups before a game. :nono::nono:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n6220 said:
I'm ignorant ? What can transfers do during sit-out time, to get better…. both off-season and in season. ?? Can't let him rust.

The most important thing he can do is stay out of trouble and stay in the good graces of the coaches, something D. Harris could not figure out.
Other than that, practice, practice, practice.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
While I know that some would not consider this preparation, but they can get ahead on their degree so that during the season when they are traveling etc. they can have an easy semester. Now physical development and practice are other things to do.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
While I know that some would not consider this preparation, but they can get ahead on their degree so that during the season when they are traveling etc. they can have an easy semester. Now physical development and practice are other things to do.
That would certainly be the smart thing to do for a noob that has to sit out the first year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would Donovan recommend a summer league for any to play in ?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
College players play almost every single day somewhere. It's like an underground cult no matter what city you are in.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n6275 said:
I don't understand that rule at all. Unless it was initiated back when people were breaking the backboards all the time. Haven't seen a backboard shattered in ages though. They should get rid of this stupid rule now.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
WobbleGator;n6275 said:
I don't understand that rule at all. Unless it was initiated back when people were breaking the backboards all the time. Haven't seen a backboard shattered in ages though. They should get rid of this stupid rule now.
Yes the rims have been improved so that backboards are much more difficult to break.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
WobbleGator;n6275 said:
I'm so glad they made this changes I'm not as nervous when I'm hanging on the rim

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.