Be honest, what's your pre-game ritual?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Phineus Maximus said:
When I'm not at a game, my only actual ritual is during the game. Shot of tequila every time the Gators score a TD, half a shot for a field goal. Beer throughout. Back in the Spurrier days, we used to get :kiffin:-faced, especially playing the directional schools.
so you were ****faced by the end of the first qtr.

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
Thomas Goldkamp said:
When I was a student, it was get to the Norman area around 8 a.m. if it was a non-noon game (6 a.m. for noon games) with a case of Bud Light Lime, a case of Bud Light, two pre-made pub subs, two 128 oz. Gatorades, a bottled Coke or two and some rum/whiskey. Two beers, some Gatorade, two beers, some Gatorade, linse, lather, repeat while partaking in tailgate activities. Mixed drink with the Coke/rum/whiskey for the 15-minute walk over to the stadium, timed to get to the seats about 15 minutes before kick.

Now my ritual is basically wake up, check to make sure nobody is suspended or hurt last-minute when possible, get to the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff.

I imagine if I had a different job my tailgating game would improve considerably with a real job as opposed to being a student. Be bringing a grill, lots of meat, better beer, etc. Maybe when I retire. If I retire. Seems so far away.
It was college. Didn't everyone? Hah!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp said:
When I was a student, it was get to the Norman area around 8 a.m. if it was a non-noon game (6 a.m. for noon games) with a case of Bud Light Lime, a case of Bud Light, two pre-made pub subs, two 128 oz. Gatorades, a bottled Coke or two and some rum/whiskey. Two beers, some Gatorade, two beers, some Gatorade, linse, lather, repeat while partaking in tailgate activities. Mixed drink with the Coke/rum/whiskey for the 15-minute walk over to the stadium, timed to get to the seats about 15 minutes before kick.

Now my ritual is basically wake up, check to make sure nobody is suspended or hurt last-minute when possible, get to the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff.

I imagine if I had a different job my tailgating game would improve considerably with a real job as opposed to being a student. Be bringing a grill, lots of meat, better beer, etc. Maybe when I retire. If I retire. Seems so far away.
Is there a link between being in college and consuming large amounts of Beer?

I think that question has been answered.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get up, get dressed, get food, get drink, get Rowdy!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB said:
I've never done this before, but this weekend I'm going to smoke a couple of boston butts and have some people over to the house to celebrate the first weekend of college football. The pork will be pulled and ready to eat by UF's kickoff tomorrow. :yum:
What was the address again?

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus said:
When I'm not at a game, my only actual ritual is during the game. Shot of tequila every time the Gators score a TD, half a shot for a field goal. Beer throughout. Back in the Spurrier days, we used to get :kiffin:-faced, especially playing the directional schools.
:thumbup:
You got that right!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This should make you guys and endangered gals laugh... I don't watch any other college team play, until we play. TiVo is my friend though. Jesus, now that is superstitious! :embarrassed:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n37336 said:
I'm going to mow the grass, drink some sweet tea, clean and swim in the pool, grill some Brats (smothered in onions/peppers), put on my Game Gear, plop my butt in front of the big screen and watch the Gators kick some Idaho AZZ!

:chomp:

Lawn mowed (check)
mower broke (check)
drink sweet tea (check)
pool cleaned (check)
going swimming
grill
drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online