Beer at SEC venues? (LSU opening a beer garden)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The loophole here is that "all taps have to be in one location" (vs at various concession stands around the stadium). A test run for the rest of the SEC?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-lsu-plans-open-beer-garden-tiger-stadium/

Report: LSU plans to open beer garden in Tiger Stadium

Sneaking alcohol into SEC football games is about as American as apple pie, but LSU is leading the charge to make sure patrons can have their brews legally this fall.

A report from the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report states that LSU plans to move forward on building an in-stadium beer garden for fans, a move that is unprecedented in the SEC.

While talking to the Business Report, a university spokesperson made no secret of the university’s enthusiasm towards the project:

“We are aggressively working to have it in place in the fall,” says LSU Spokesman Ernie Ballard. “But we are still working through everything to make it happen.”

SEC regulations have kept legal alcohol sales out of their stadiums, but the success of other programs have led to revenue streams that are hard to ignore. The Texas Longhorns, who recently allowed alcohol sales in their stadium, have seen sales of 1.3 million dollars bolster their bottom line.

This beer garden would exploit a technicality in the SEC rules by consolidating all taps in one area, as opposed to making beer available at all concession stands in the stadium. LSU will be a test case for any other SEC schools, and the success of the project could see other schools give the idea a test run as well.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As if the lines in the men's room at the Swamp weren't long enough as it is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As if the lines in the men's room at the Swamp weren't long enough as it is.
I strip down completely naked and walk straight to the pisser. I never have to wait in line,

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd like to see this in Gainesville, no doubt. Now that our Mormon president is gone we shouldn't see as much push-back (that's an assumption, however). I imagine they could build this 'beer garden' in the lower north endzone where they sell those huge turkey legs and other crap (or at least they used to)....

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Stinking up-chucking drunks is one reason I stopped going to Gator games. I don't go to games to drink, I go because I enjoy watching the game itself. ( I know, I am in a small minority.) But the drunks are always going to find a way to bring it in, so why not sell it to them at inflated prices and generate some revenue from their weakness.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I bet it will be on the alumni side and far away from any student section. If we do it we need to do it very well and make enough money to justify its cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.