Beer Info Needed...

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like those a lot too. However, I had a six pack of non refrigerated bottles cook off in my garage! They started popping their bottle caps. And it wasn't during hot weather.

A tragic loss of good beer.

This deserves a dislike because they were not in your fridge.

:lol:

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This deserves a dislike because they were not in your fridge.

:lol:
My beer and I are alloted limited space in the garage fridge. I am forced to only keep couple beers chilled and the rest on the floor of the garage.

However, there is always a tall bottle of Chimay Reserve chilled in case of certain esteemed visitors. Come on over, Cover2!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My beer and I are alloted limited space in the garage fridge. I am forced to only keep couple beers chilled and the rest on the floor of the garage.

However, there is always a tall bottle of Chimay Reserve chilled in case of certain esteemed visitors. Come on over, Cover2!
I guess Sas and I didn't rate as esteemed visitors a couple of years ago :sadnanner:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Sas and I didn't rate as esteemed visitors a couple of years ago :sadnanner:
You don't drink Chimay.................
tumblr_m96efuhT3l1rtc9of.gif

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

That was before I became enlightened to the glories of Belgium beer, of course. Hey, we ended up in the pool, didn't we?

Wait, I had a Sasquatch in my pool........

Anyway, you will have to come back, then.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was before I became enlightened to the glories of Belgium beer, of course. Hey, we ended up in the pool, didn't we?

Wait, I had a Sasquatch in my pool........

Anyway, you will have to come back, then.
Deal!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds like a trip I need to make!

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
1486329574048.jpg

Just had one of these, thus discovering another vice in pursuit of endless beer-worshipping glee.

You gotta sip and savor beers like this, and let their flavors linger. It is Super Bowl Sunday, and that might be the only beer I drink all day!

Okay, I just lied, so forgive me. But that will be the best beer I had all day. Somehow I feel better about my poor, mortal self having enjoyed it.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not here to fool anybody - I drank my share of Rhinelander, Gobles, Schlitz, Hamms, RW&B, Generic................ I could keep going. My rule back in the 80s and early 90s was to never pay more than $2 for a 6-pack. You could get 12 packs of Hamms for $2.99 in some places.
Had my first Sierra Nevada Pale in the early 90s in G'ville, then tried some Rogue beers that were around (Mocha Porter and Special Bitter), and my taste buds were appreciating these more flavorful beers. For a while I even got into Pete's beers and Sam Adams before leaving Florida, as they too brought more flavor. Then I moved to the west coast and the rest is history. I'm a beer snob anymore.
:snob:
Was re-reading this thread after thinking about some Sam Adams I bought just before my recent surgery. It was a twelve of Sam's summertime samples. My only previous experience with Sam Adams was a few years back and I was not impressed with the Boston Lager. Reminded me of a more bitter Miller Lite. Made it about a third of the way through the sampler and each of the four different offerings all tasted the same, with the remembered bitter after taste. If there was a favorable mark, it was that the alcohol kick came a little quicker, which I suppose would make everything thereafter taste a little better!

Tell me what I'm missing from the Sam Adams. Thus far, my experiences would have me rate it down there with PBR!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was re-reading this thread after thinking about some Sam Adams I bought just before my recent surgery. It was a twelve of Sam's summertime samples. My only previous experience with Sam Adams was a few years back and I was not impressed with the Boston Lager. Reminded me of a more bitter Miller Lite. Made it about a third of the way through the sampler and each of the four different offerings all tasted the same, with the remembered bitter after taste. If there was a favorable mark, it was that the alcohol kick came a little quicker, which I suppose would make everything thereafter taste a little better!

Tell me what I'm missing from the Sam Adams. Thus far, my experiences would have me rate it down there with PBR!
The Sam Adams had flavor, something a little different from the run of the mill beers. I was just getting tired of the lighter, less flavorful mass-produced beers. I haven't had a Sam Adams in years - would probably hate it now. I have had a PBR recently though, ice cold, and in a chug contest (I got 2nd out of 6). So there's that.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Sam Adams had flavor, something a little different from the run of the mill beers. I was just getting tired of the lighter, less flavorful mass-produced beers. I haven't had a Sam Adams in years - would probably hate it now. I have had a PBR recently though, ice cold, and in a chug contest (I got 2nd out of 6). So there's that.
The different flavor offerings was what prompted to give Sam another try. Admittedly, my tastes have been off since the chemotherapy I had a few years back, but like Mick once crooned, I (couldn't) get no satisfaction!

I am impressed with the chug contest outcome, however. Hate to say, but a six person chug contest sounds like panhandle revelry at its best! Still, number two ain't bad, unless you lost to a younger niece or other family member. Glad to know PBR is alive and well. West of the Rockies, you are the guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.