Beer reviews

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been meaning to try that, but am always on the fence about the pineapple and mango and end up going a different direction. I probably shouldn't be as skeptical as I am because BP seems to be able to infuse flavor with balance as well as anyone. Gonna have to give it a whirl on your word.

I tried the Fathom recently that you posted about. I'll go in more depth about it later, but the Aloha is better than fathom in my opinion.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My go-to all last summer. For some reason I can't find it this year. But you're right. It is a ridiculously good beer.
I never saw until this year and I'm west coast. Maybe they distributed to the east coast before the northwest? We're pretty saturated up here.
:drunk:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ballast point longfin lager

Nothing real elaborate here. This is a fine effort but comes up short compared to the traditional German helles beers . Still it’s decent and has the taste and feel of a paulaner . Just feels like something is missing. Average beer is a C

Image1533945457.731489.jpg

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Prairie Bomb- vanilla

Similar to the ten fidy from a previous review . Heavy chocolate flavor mixed with a medium coffee roast . Ironically enough the vanilla is hardly present . The 13 % is well hidden . Which sets it apart from other imperial stout brews . I’ll definitely be on the lookout for this one . Highly recommend, solid A.

Image1533945820.879939.jpg

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Prairie Bomb- vanilla

Similar to the ten fidy from a previous review . Heavy chocolate flavor mixed with a medium coffee roast . Ironically enough the vanilla is hardly present . The 13 % is well hidden . Which sets it apart from other imperial stout brews . I’ll definitely be on the lookout for this one . Highly recommend, solid A.

Love Prarie Bomb! My brother lives in SanAntonio and gets some to me every so often. I currently have two that I've had for a couple of years in the cellar. I'll have to drag one out now that you've got me salivating after it.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love Prarie Bomb! My brother lives in SanAntonio and gets some to me every so often. I currently have two that I've had for a couple of years in the cellar. I'll have to drag one out now that you've got me salivating after it.

If you can ever get your hands on the Christmas bomb then do it. They’re about $9 a bomber , but worth every penny.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Having a Lord Hobo “Boomsauce” at the bar. Granted I’m a few deep on vaca, but this is a solid effort. Light pine, nice clean finish. Good beer.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having a Lord Hobo “Boomsauce” at the bar. Granted I’m a few deep on vaca, but this is a solid effort. Light pine, nice clean finish. Good beer.

Sounds good. Hope you didn't leave the hipster glasses at home:lol:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Prairie Bomb- vanilla

View attachment 10244
I love anything from Prairie Artisan Ales. Would go to their brew house where you could get the Bomb and everything else on tap. Definitely the best super high point beer I've had.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I am not a beer snob, but my two favorites are Blue Moon and Sam Adams Summer Ale. I don't know if it is wheat, IPA, etc. Its just beer.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not a beer snob, but my two favorites are Blue Moon and Sam Adams Summer Ale. I don't know if it is wheat, IPA, etc. Its just beer.

The summer ale is an American wheat ale. But it also has lemon zest in it. So I hope you have accepted the fact that you are pussy hipster.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Relax there brotha... you apparently have not read this thread. I enjoy both those brews.

Oh no offense taken!! And you are correct, I have not read the entire thread. Concrete Helmet did crack me up with his claim that Bud Light was beer. I will drink it in a pinch though.

When beer snobs start talking beer, I get totally lost in all the terminology. IPA, Wheat beer, yada yada. I know nothing about ANY of that and what it means. I try a new beer (to me) and if it tastes good, I will drink it. That is the limit to my beer knowledge.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It's getting to Oktoberfest time of year--which means all kinds of wonderful things: delicious beer (it's hard to screw up a marzen), fall temperatures, football, and German food festivals.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So, I was in son #1's college flop house last night... I scavenged 3 Corona Extras and a 6 pack of something from Swamphead Brewery in Gainesville from the "beer fridge"... I don't even know what kind of Swamphead beer it was, doesn't matter, all 9 were cold, criteria met, was good. That's all a beer review needs to be for me... not sure if there was a hint of oaken barrel or ass, it was fine.

Update: and because it's not cool to poach someone else's beers (because they might be coming back thinking "i'm so glad there are beers in the fridge") and I didn't want to be a total jerk, I left a $20 with a "thanks for the beers Charles" note stuck in the empty six pack tree in the fridge. I actually have a really good Korea story about beer poaching.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, I was in son #1's college flop house last night... I scavenged 3 Corona Extras and a 6 pack of something from Swamphead Brewery in Gainesville from the "beer fridge"... I don't even know what kind of Swamphead beer it was, doesn't matter, all 9 were cold, criteria met, was good. That's all a beer review needs to be for me... not sure if there was a hint of oaken barrel or ass, it was fine.

Update: and because it's not cool to poach someone else's beers (because they might be coming back thinking "i'm so glad there are beers in the fridge") and I didn't want to be a total jerk, I left a $20 with a "thanks for the beers Charles" note stuck in the empty six pack tree in the fridge. I actually have a really good Korea story about beer poaching.

Wait...so you were in someone else’s house, obviously without their knowledge, and cleaned them out of their entire beer stash? The note and $20 is a nice touch, but they still come home under completely false pretenses, and then have to go back out just to get back to break even . And what the hell do you need 9 beers for on a random Saturday night? Even putting aside your possibly needing help, it’s a terrible story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb