Beer reviews

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oskar Blues is fantastic. Their brewery in NC is a ton of fun to visit.

Their Ten Fidy is in my top 5.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah well next fall on gameday let's see you try and down 20 plus cans or bottles of some peach & mango/pomegranate infused fruity pebbles...
No one said anything about fruity antifa wine cooler substitutes all the beta males sip.

Its ok. Maybe some day you can move up to adult beer not watered down trailer park crap that is $4 for 24. I know you have to drink 20 of that trailer trash beer to get the slightest buzz after you piss nine times.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My folks live in Hendersonville NC so I’ve been to the Sierra Nevada brewery there. Great spot, nice dining indoor & outdoor. The draught beer list is huge. And they very proudly assert their eco-friendly practices as part of their marketing. Great beer, great food and a cloud of smug on the side. Worth a visit if you are in that area.

But now I read there’s a CO2 shortage in Europe affecting beer production. Which got me thinking. How much CO2 does the massive beer revival - craft breweries everywhere - release into the atmosphere? And, worse, all that beer consumption generates a lot of methane, really on the front end of production and the back end of post-consumption.

And then there’s this, that answers the question, “What’s dorkier than biking shorts?” Biking overalls!
44a8781b7aa29d18422232b15a26a297.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No one said anything about fruity antifa wine cooler substitutes all the beta males sip.

Its ok. Maybe some day you can move up to adult beer not watered down trailer park crap that is $4 for 24. I know you have to drink 20 of that trailer trash beer to get the slightest buzz after you piss nine times.
And one day maybe you’ll be an American again and drink beer that tastes of FREEDOM!!!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My folks live in Hendersonville NC so I’ve been to the Sierra Nevada brewery there. Great spot, nice dining indoor & outdoor. The draught beer list is huge. And they very proudly assert their eco-friendly practices as part of their marketing. Great beer, great food and a cloud of smug on the side. Worth a visit if you are in that area.

But now I read there’s a CO2 shortage in Europe affecting beer production. Which got me thinking. How much CO2 does the massive beer revival - craft breweries everywhere - release into the atmosphere? And, worse, all that beer consumption generates a lot of methane, really on the front end of production and the back end of post-consumption.

And then there’s this, that answers the question, “What’s dorkier than biking shorts?” Biking overalls!
44a8781b7aa29d18422232b15a26a297.jpg

That brewery is one of the most incredible buildings I have been in.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And one day maybe you’ll be an American again and drink beer that tastes of FREEDOM!!!
I have to laugh my ass off when some one tries to pass off a "beer" education on me.....I may be a Wisconsin born Irish/Pollock but at least I'm smart enough to know when some trendy labeled fruit and wheat infused concoction taste like a skunks ass just sh1t fruity pebbles into my mouth....no thanks I leave that crap to the beer queens..:drunk:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cold bud lite platinum after cutting grass (while listening to Nickelback) DOES taste like freedom! ;)

You left out the poutine and of course washing it down with four or five batty blues this evening .

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @Gatorbait25 and I'll add a review (for those of us lower on the brew food chain ;)).

I've tried several of the crafts at the urging of some of our members and have enjoyed Florida Cracker, though it is only available in cans and I'm a bottle guy with draft coming in a close second. I am a fan of the Belgian offerings and Erdinger is always a pleasure when we go up to Helen GA each fall for Oktoberfest. Smooth and not bitter appeals to me. Plus, they have those glasses you can get that look to hold about a liter. Off the shelf (and if Mama and I go to Long Horn), I'll get a Blue Moon. Very enjoyable for an old country boy and I'm secure enough with my manhood that I don't decline the orange slice.

But if I'm honest, I don't feel inferior with a cold Bud Light. Not as smooth as a nice wheat, but not rough enough to make you flinch or feel like a railroad tie has been driven into your skull (unless you go way beyond what's reasonable). In fact, there is a Mexican joint (El Jalisco) on Hwy 27 in Havana that has the coldest draft I've found in quite a while and a couple of the big mugs works well with their fish tacos or chile rellanos. Only thing is that I have to remind myself to leave my pocket knife at home, as I sometimes feel wont to cut a ----- if I go past my self-imposed limit of two. But then again, it's the "King of Beers" and bloodshed is a part of their legacy here in the panhandle.

The next time you go for sushi/fish try a Thai beer. I recommend Singha or Chang. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

It’s hard to beat a Blue Moon, but they’re very tasty.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Budweiser is a foreign beer owned by InBev with headquarters in Belgium and Brazil. And yes it is primarily made from the sweat of fornicating hippopotamuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator