Best one and done UF players?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reggie Nelson and Robert Baker were highly anticipated phenoms before they ever stepped on campus.

I only bring up Baker because he's from Gainesville.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Nelson did play 2 years.

Some trivia: I had forgot about this.

2007 Gainesville Shooting

On September 30, 2007, a car driven by Justin Glass with passengers Corey Smith and Randall Cason was approached by two individuals one of whom opened fire on the car. Smith received a gunshot wound to the back of his head and was in a coma for two days while Glass was shot in the arm. Cason who was unhurt in the incident initially identified Reggie Nelson as the man accompanying the shooter, identified as Aaron Hernandez. Cason later rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez as the shooter and Reggie Nelson as the accomplice. No charges from this incident were ever brought against either Hernandez or Nelson.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How about a "talent never brought to fruition":

Willie Green - Knees were a mess

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Nelson did play 2 years.

Some trivia: I had forgot about this.

2007 Gainesville Shooting

On September 30, 2007, a car driven by Justin Glass with passengers Corey Smith and Randall Cason was approached by two individuals one of whom opened fire on the car. Smith received a gunshot wound to the back of his head and was in a coma for two days while Glass was shot in the arm. Cason who was unhurt in the incident initially identified Reggie Nelson as the man accompanying the shooter, identified as Aaron Hernandez. Cason later rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez as the shooter and Reggie Nelson as the accomplice. No charges from this incident were ever brought against either Hernandez or Nelson.

Yeah. We didn't forget.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blow and Go?

200_s.gif

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jason Williams? Didn't white chocolate play for only 1 year or not even a whole year?
Jason Williams wins this contest by a mile. Twenty of the best basketball games I can remember out of any Gator player. He was phenomenal, and one half of the most profoundly unambiguous Nike commercials ever aired. From what I heard, Billy had a guy come to his room every day, drag his high-as-sh!t ass out of bed and walk him to his classes:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jason Williams wins this contest by a mile. Twenty of the best basketball games I can remember out of any Gator player. He was phenomenal, and one half of the most profoundly unambiguous Nike commercials ever aired. From what I heard, Billy had a guy come to his room every day, drag his high-as-sh!t ass out of bed and walk him to his classes:

Not to mention he was the main reason the kings battled the Lakers every year for the west. The dude is a legend.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love me some white chocolate, but I don't think I'd count him as a one and done. He transferred in from Marshall and sat out a year before playing. He was three or four years out of high school when he went pro.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Jason Williams that one season in college was simply amazing. Absolutely loved going to games just to see what he would do next.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

My memory is going. I thought he was there when Kruger was still at UF but I guess not.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Me! Man that was the greatest dream of my life.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Smith. A key and underappreciated cog in that defense that carried us to the promised land in 2006. 8 picks, including one that sealed the SECC game against Arky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.