Best WLOCP memory

How many total yards will UF have against UGA?

• 299 or less

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • 300 - 399

Votes: 67 69.8%
  • 400 - 499

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • 500+

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1990 game....Spurrier blew them out....then I ended up at a party later that night and had "relations" with a hot UGA girl! :D

1992 game.....not a great UF team, but great enough to beat the #6 bulldogs (I think we were ranked 20th, 22nd maybe).

1993 game in the rain, Antone Lott timeout. Lots of fun. Wasn't exactly sober. Soaking wet...
There were so many in the early 90s, but the rain game in 93 is the one that sticks with me.
Terry Dean having success taking over for Danny. Rhett with a monster game!
Edit: And oh yeah, Mustank loses to the Gators, again!

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I've never had a good live memory. I've been to 3 games and we lost every one of them. I refuse to go to a UGA game anymore. My favorite memory of the series though is simply Urban calling the timeouts in 08. I remember all off season their fans talking man crap they were going to go undefeated and win a championship it was a daily thing I dealt with at work that year. Fast forward to the game we blow them out and Urban calls timeout ro rub it in.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Oh, we’ve ruined their season plenty of times, mostly in the 2000’s. Dropped passes, late fumbles, blown assignments on defense, etc plagued them that entire decade for the most part.
They were never going to win any kind of national title other than 02 and 15? I think. 02 was one of the rare moments a Florida loss spoiled that opportunity for them

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
My favorite game moment is Spikes flattening Moreno.
My favorite memory, however, is the seemingly unlimited amount of drunken women. Any single guys that's ever been to Jax during that time knows that the Friday Pep Rally, as well as the Post Game celebration is teeming with appropriately lubricated coeds.
But over the last few years the atmosphere has taken a downward spiral. I'm excited to see what it will be like this year. From the looks of things, the environment should be electric this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They were never going to win any kind of national title other than 02 and 15? I think. 02 was one of the rare moments a Florida loss spoiled that opportunity for them

We handed them their first loss of the season in 2005. They would go on to lose to Auburn that year, and it was pre-2006, so they probably weren't touching the Ut/Usc National Championship game anyway. But we helped keep them out of the conversation.

The only other time our beating them really had an impact was 2014 when it gave Mizzuou the East, and technically in 2008 when we cost them(saved them from another dismantling in) Atlanta.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seen live?

The Brandon Spikes hit on Knowshon Moreno. Set the tone. We knew IMMEDIATELY after that hit that we were going to have a great day.

Tebow breaking Herschel's SEC rushing TD record to much gnashing of teeth by UGA fans. To have a QB(!) take Herschel's rushing TD record like was just rubbing their noses in it.

On TV?

1990. Spurrier's first year. We beat them 38-7 setting the tone for the next few decades. The play was a pick 6 by Tim Paulk. It's somewhere in this video:

Between the Hedges. Doing it in Athens. One of my biggest regrets was not camping out for tickets to that game.

Alex.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Seen live?

The Brandon Spikes hit on Knowshon Moreno. Set the tone. We knew IMMEDIATELY after that hit that we were going to have a great day.

Tebow breaking Herschel's SEC rushing TD record to much gnashing of teeth by UGA fans. To have a QB(!) take Herschel's rushing TD record like was just rubbing their noses in it.

On TV?

1990. Spurrier's first year. We beat them 38-7 setting the tone for the next few decades. The play was a pick 6 by Tim Paulk. It's somewhere in this video:

Between the Hedges. Doing it in Athens. One of my biggest regrets was not camping out for tickets to that game.

Alex.

I was there in 07 and I was livid when they rushed the field. Fans were so pissed they themselves wanted to rush the field to fight. I went back in 08 and it was some sweet sweet revenge to beat their ass the way we did. Their side was completely empty 10 minutes to go in the 4th

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Most of the great ones have been highlighted already. But for sheer exhilaration, 1993 might take the cake. The rain got me sick, and I still hadn't shaken when we went to the Sugar Bowl January 1st. That game was brutal between the rain and cool temps. Lott's TO was a landmark moment in this series. We had to survive Zier for two more throws after Lott was called for PI on the play after the timeout, which Spurrier railed against afterwards.

Like Slevin, I was there in 2007 and 2008. I don't think you can fully appreciate the latter without being present for the former. Every play in the 2008 game, from Spikes' dry hump, to Tebow's big plays, to the INt's and Sanders' stiff arm of Stafford, it all seemed like a carefully calculated revenge that probably wasn't even healthy. We weren't content to just win. Anything less than depantsing Richt and the bulldogs on a huge stage wouldn't suffice. The timeouts to prolong things only added to their misery. It was also one of the last games I could get away for with how far along my wife was with our first child. While I was tailgating, she texted me a pic of the newest ultrasound. Just an awesome day all around.

2002 also remains one of my favorite over all games ever. Had a drunken uga girl take a swing at me as we were exiting the stadium. I hadn't even said a word to her as she was yelling at us and ranting about how they were still gonna win the East. I just gave my buddy one of these...
:snicker2:

...and she lost it. Solid night.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
iu

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Alternate Jerseys in '05! Just kidding, I was playing college basketball (in Jacksonville oddly enough) that day and it was one of 3 UF-UGA games I've not made since '93. ('95, '98, '05). Though I don't hate the jerseys like some people do.

'93, my first game, I was 6. We walked a mile and a half to the stadium in the pouring rain. My uncle had his golf clubs stolen the night before out of his car (which was parked near the stadium as he was staying in a friends RV). We won in one of the most F You Georgia ways possible. I'd later work with a Equipment Manager for that team who said cleaning everything the next day was one of the worst experiences of his time as an Equipment Manager. And I tasted beer for the first time after I thought I grabbed my mom's diet coke, but it was actually someone's beer (this was in the said RV).

'94 I will always remember the rain of this game as well. Such a fun game.

'99, and I've shared this elsewhere, one of my family's all-time highlights. The WLOCP is an extended family event for my family. In 1999, The game was close and my Aunt was whining about wanting cotton candy after seeing a cotton candy vendor walk by on the lower ring walkway in Jax (you can almost walk around the entire stadium on an interior walkway). My Uncle (not the one married to this particular Aunt), said if we could get a TD, he would get her cotton candy. We were about 5 sections over from UGA territory. Just as the cotton candy guy gets a section or two into UGA territory, Bo Carroll breaks off the below run. (Unfortunately, I can't find the game). My Uncle, who grew up in Jacksonville in the 70's, hates UGA more than any other school. He happily ran around the interior ring to track down the cotton candy vendor. He then returned from the other side of the stadium carrying the cotton candy like it was the Olympic torch the whole way.

'01 was cool. I still own my "They're All Home Games" shirt I bought that year.

'06 I remember cheering as Oregon State knocked off USC to help open up the possibility of us getting back into the National picture. Very, very shortly after, Ray McDonald recovers the fumble that changes that game. Meanwhile, my Uncle (the cotton candy one), who I had told before the season we would win the Natty, said that the USC result didn't mean anything.

'08 was great for the craziness that was our domination of UGA in a big game. My cousins, wife, brother, and I hightailed it to the UGA sideline before the game ended so we could high five the players as the went to the locker room (we were the away team and both locker rooms are on the home side).

'10 When some ******* UGA fan did the chomp as regulation ended. Will Hill got a pick and the UGA fan tried hightailing it out as fast as possible. He wasn't faster than 23 year old me running down 15 or so rows to chomp in his face. Oh, and some guy named Grantham told our punter that he hoped he would "f*cking choke" while kicking a field goal.

'14 When Fred Taylor said I knew Gator Trivia too fast. Gators fans are still swearing Jevon Kearse was listed as a DE at UF, he wasn't, you're wrong, take a lap. I asked Fred when we would see Kelvin get more touches. Well, Jones and Kelvin went off that day and we pulled off an upset. Oh, and my phone loaded Gator Country improperly and provided what could be considered a racist headline/picture combo. Picture should be attached.

'15 we had seats above the empty pool in the wheelchair section. This meant there was tons of room to run around and high five as we pulled off the win.

Believe it or not, but this is the condensed version.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 79

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
1986 - Kerwin Bell was hurt early that year and we dropped some games we should not have, starting 1-4. He limped back into action vs Auburn and scored that epic two point conversion. After that game we went down 19-3 at the half to UGA. The guys were just barely hanging on but in the second half they wrenched the mojo back and avenged the 1985 upset loss and ensuing riots with a resounding 31-19 win. Glorious.

1997 - We lost this one, bad. The game sucked but this was actually the only Gator game my dad and I attended with it just being the two of us instead of the usual big group of family and friends. It was fun kicking it with Dad, at least until Robert Edwards started looking like a man among boys and the four year old in front of us starting ripping the most lethal hot dog-inspired farts that have ever assaulted either of our noses. The UGA blowout allowed us to escape the kid's gas attack early. Still cool to hang with the old man.

2000 - Lito Sheppard's INT and epic run back is still one of greatest football plays I've ever seen live. Totally lost my **** and Lito totally turned that game around. It led to the final SEC Championship for SOS.

2008 - Spikes. Period.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2000 - Lito Sheppard's INT and epic run back is still one of greatest football plays I've ever seen live. Totally lost my **** and Lito totally turned that game around. It led to the final SEC Championship for SOS.
My CBS debut.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
2005, I get home late Friday night. My roommate knocks on my door and asks if I want to go to Jax the next day for the game. Sure.

He was working at a private school and some kid's parents gave him club level seats. We watched the revamped offense (Meyer realized he had a FB on the roster after the LSU game) and we beat the Shockley-less dawgs. Sweet revenge after the losing the previous year with a lameduck coach.

I was also there in 2009 when Tebow broke Herschel's record and the dawgs had already cleared out before Spikes' pick-6

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was also at that game in the front row of the end zone where the goal line stand happened at the end of the 3rd quarter and then the 96 yard pass from Bell to Nattiel to start the 4th quarter which pretty much buried Georgia.

If Bell hadn't spent a year behind a makeshift line after The Great Wall of Florida graduated, I still believe he would have had a long and successful NFL career.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
There were quite a few great games in Jax I attended but watching the UGA receiver, Mohammed m'ASSaquah develop alligator arms whenever Reggie Nelson was nearby in 06. Despite the fact my sister-in-law and I sat with some retarded white trash Dwag fans. Luckily there were some Gator fans sitting next to us to sway to We Are The Boys after the 3rd quarter

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There were quite a few great games in Jax I attended but watching the UGA receiver, Mohammed m'ASSaquah develop alligator arms whenever Reggie Nelson was nearby in 06. Despite the fact my sister-in-law and I sat with some retarded white trash Dwag fans. Luckily there were some Gator fans sitting next to us do away to We Are The Boys after the 3rd quarter

Outside of Tebow and walker, I'm not sure any one player caused as much damage--physical and mental--to the opponent in this series as RFN.

The reason Massoquoi was scared was because of having to get his face stitched up after Nelson's hit in 2005(6:00 mark below) and then the penchant that Reggie developed for decleating anyone in the secondary.

REggieNElsonOWns1.gif~c200

After the alligator arm play, the cameras catch him pointing and laughing at MM.

photos.medleyphoto.4033770.jpg

Whipped puppy, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.