Bet the farm: Where will offense rank next year?

Where does total offense end up ranked in 2017?

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You believe they knew that for that long? That's just coach speak. Our coaches said the same things when we were asking for a reduction.

I kind of think he may have been told that because you had some reporters also saying they had been told the same thing was going to happen with the NCAA on the issue. I would pay to see the look on some peoples faces if they didn't let him start game 1 however.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well I see us finishing 1st, yeah your reading this right 1ST. In time of possession that is, pi$$ing off Champ who's team finishes a close second in this category. As for total offense I'll go with 93rd, with Mac proclaiming after the season "We're on the right track".

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I kind of think he may have been told that because you had some reporters also saying they had been told the same thing was going to happen with the NCAA on the issue. I would pay to see the look on some peoples faces if they didn't let him start game 1 however.
I would find it hard to believe that they were told that far in advance that it would be approved and nothing of substance would eventually leak out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I, like you, don't believe the ncaa will grant him a reduced sentence...My comment to sue is only if they do, but t rex prolly failed to read that too

And my comments are saying it would be stupid to sue if they reduce his suspension. What don't you understand?

Are you saying that they can't come back and change their minds because someone made a good argument to reduce it? Or is it sour grapes?

I already said if they do reduce it...who cares...if they don't...who cares?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And my comments are saying it would be stupid to sue if they reduce his suspension. What don't you understand?

Are you saying that they can't come back and change their minds because someone made a good argument to reduce it? Or is it sour grapes?

As much as you're arguing, I'd say you care greatly for whatever reason. I couldn't care less if the guy ever plays a down of football again or not. My point is, the NCAA isn't going to bend their rules for a known cheater...no matter how harsh you may think the penalty was. They also aren't going to allow a transfer that was based solely on his decision to play before sitting out one year. How fuggin hard is that to understand?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe you nutjobs added 3 more pages to this thread since last night, all over law suits being a waste of time or not...

crazyeyes.jpeg

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You know, this question of whether it's piss-poor coaching or whether the players are stinky is one of the main reasons why we can't get top tier offensive recruits. Would you want your stud son coming here? It needs to change. Until it does, alcohol sales will boom.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What argument would have been made as to reducing his suspension at another school as opposed to his original school that would warrant a reduction?
Keeping in mind that a reduction in his suspension would have to go into direct conflict with the precedent the NCAA set with Kolton Houston.

It's amazing that something as simple as evenhandedness in the application of the rules is something that completely slips by your ability to comprehend.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe you nutjobs added 3 more pages to this thread since last night, all over law suits being a waste of time or not...

Go hang out with Callaway bro ;)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait! I wanna change my bet. Our offense will rank all over the field.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They're all scholarship QBs that were offered by many schools. The common denominator in their failures is our coaching staff. Not sure what other explanation you're fishing for, but you're obviously a Mac apologist so nothing could possibly be his fault.

And you hate Mac so everything is his fault. Climate warming, pay inequality, transgender bullying. You're a regular SJW.

I'm not apologizing for Mac.I'm asking you to back up your hyperbole. Treon was a train wreck who, oh BTW, wanted to go to F$U but Jimbo wouldn't take him as a QB. Even Jimbo realized Treon would never make it as a QB. But Chump took him. AA was never going to be developed into a decent QB. He was what he was; insurance. LDR only played healthy for 2 3/4 games which was enough to see that he has a noodle arm, that's not something you fix with coaching. Unless maybe you think LDR is a diamond in the rough. The only QB with any talent that Mac has had was Grier who was 6-0.

Using the QBs he's had to work with as evidence that he can't develop QBs is just plain, to put it kindly, faulty.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And you hate Mac so everything is his fault. Climate warming, pay inequality, transgender bullying. You're a regular SJW.

I'm not apologizing for Mac.I'm asking you to back up your hyperbole. Treon was a train wreck who, oh BTW, wanted to go to F$U but Jimbo wouldn't take him as a QB. Even Jimbo realized Treon would never make it as a QB. But Chump took him. AA was never going to be developed into a decent QB. He was what he was; insurance. LDR only played healthy for 2 3/4 games which was enough to see that he has a noodle arm, that's not something you fix with coaching. Unless maybe you think LDR is a diamond in the rough. The only QB with any talent that Mac has had was Grier who was 6-0.

Using the QBs he's had to work with as evidence that he can't develop QBs is just plain, to put it kindly, faulty.
He's had 3 classes and brought in a transfer to find a QB. All of them have failed. Wonder why?

And for the record, I don't hate Mac. He seems like a pretty nice guy. I just think he's a mediocre coach and will never be good enough to bring us back to championship level, so I want him replaced. The sooner the better!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying hes had any talent to work with, and I'm not even saying he thought he did when he didnt, but this statement right here... oye vey.

Please enlighten us as to how we are supposed to grade him on QB development if, as you say, we cant use the performance of his QBs as a benchmark?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look both sides are a bit correct.

Chimp inherited a shyt sandwich from Creyer, with 2 straight recruiting classes of only 2 OL (and they were 3 star types who likely were never going to be SEC players anyway)... then Chimp made it worse by doing again the next year.

Butters inherited the results of that recruiting, a terrible OL with zero depth behind the terrible players. A terrible OL equals a terrible offense, and yet he still had more talent than most of the teams in the bottom half.

More importantly, his recruiting has been digging the hole deeper, not making it better. His OL talent is mediocre. His defensive talent is below average. His QB recruiting is atrocious. And he has almost no chance of turning it around, because he didn't get the snowball rolling from the beginning. I suspect he was genuinely shocked. We all were right? These top kids were going to sign with UF. They always did, right? You can't struggle to recruit at UF no matter how badly you thrift shop for the assistant coaches, right?

Oh well. It's really water over the damn now. The cake is in the oven and the ingredients control the outcome.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Are there pumpers on here that think Nuss left to go to a lame duck coach at Mich for one year because HE WANTED TO? Or did Saban push him out? Just curious...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are there pumpers on here that think Nuss left to go to a lame duck coach at Mich for one year because HE WANTED TO? Or did Saban push him out? Just curious...
Yes, lol, Saban hiring KIFFY in November and moving him into Nusschump's office had nothing to do with it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I prefer looking at yards/game and even more so points/game to determine how well an offense is doing than simply total yards. Here is a sad summary of what I found:

McElwain has yet to have a better offensive season than Muschamp. At Florida, Muschamp's best year was 2014 in which he had 368 yards/game and 30.3 points/game. This is actually slightly better than Meyer's last year in 2010. McElwain's best year was actually last year with 344 yards/game and 23.9 points per game. Now when you look at the rankings, UF is ranked lower in 2016 than in 2015 in these two categories in spite of having better numbers. This means that several teams had improved offenses last year, but our improvement was so minimal that it actually dropped our rankings.

So what does this mean? McElwain needs to score an average of 1 TD better per game than last year in order to have an average ranked offense and to slightly beat out Muschamp for the best offense since Tim Tebow was our QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain has yet to have a better offensive season than Muschamp.
That's really all you had to say. But at least he has now equalized the defense to the offense's level.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I prefer looking at yards/game and even more so points/game to determine how well an offense is doing than simply total yards. Here is a sad summary of what I found:

McElwain has yet to have a better offensive season than Muschamp. At Florida, Muschamp's best year was 2014 in which he had 368 yards/game and 30.3 points/game. This is actually slightly better than Meyer's last year in 2010. McElwain's best year was actually last year with 344 yards/game and 23.9 points per game. Now when you look at the rankings, UF is ranked lower in 2016 than in 2015 in these two categories in spite of having better numbers. This means that several teams had improved offenses last year, but our improvement was so minimal that it actually dropped our rankings.

So what does this mean? McElwain needs to score an average of 1 TD better per game than last year in order to have an average ranked offense and to slightly beat out Muschamp for the best offense since Tim Tebow was our QB.
Word of caution, when looking at these stats. Don't look at cupcake games. Only consider sec and power 5 team games. The cupcake games can skew the data and be misleading. Also, if I am to nitpick. Mac lost a whole game to a cupcake (due to the hurricane) which definitely would have inflated his offensive numbers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Word of caution, when looking at these stats. Don't look at cupcake games. Only consider sec and power 5 team games. The cupcake games can skew the data and be misleading. Also, if I am to nitpick. Mac lost a whole game to a cupcake (due to the hurricane) which definitely would have inflated his offensive numbers.

Do you mean the 24 vs UMass or the 32 vs North Texas?

GTFO

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.