Beth Mowins to call NFL game for ESPN

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you're gonna have a chick do men's sports, then at least make sure she's worth looking at!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
She was going to be a parachute folder & sky-diving instructor, but ESPN flipped her.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And not only that, she's teaming up with Rex Ryan. :puke:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If you're gonna have a chick do men's sports, then at least make sure she's worth looking at!

For me it's really about how she calls the games - something about that voice just irks me. I have no problem with women calling games as long as they know the sport and don't sound like Reba.
I think Doris Burke does a fine job with basketball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For me it's really about how she calls the games - something about that voice just irks me. I have no problem with women calling games as long as they know the sport and don't sound like Reba.
I think Doris Burke does a fine job with basketball.
Nice PC response. I'm old school...the more eye candy the better! :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Nice PC response. I'm old school...the more eye candy the better! :lol:

Totally agree on sideline reporters - but booth announcers need to be both pleasing to the ear and knowledgeable since they get the majority of air time.
Speaking of - whatever happened to Ron Franklin- dude had the best college football voice in recent years.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Totally agree on sideline reporters - but booth announcers need to be both pleasing to the ear and knowledgeable since they get the majority of air time.
Speaking of - whatever happened to Ron Franklin- dude had the best college football voice in recent years.

Didn't he get fired by ESPN for sexual harassment or am I confusing him with somebody else?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Or better yet get someone who knows how to do the job, after all you don't see them that much if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator