Betting site computer has Michigan beating Florida 35-16

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You guys really aren't cut out for watching football if the postgame pressers bother you that much. About 98% of coaches sound the exact same in those things.
I don't make a habit out of listening to coaches' pressers, but Mac sounds like a whimpering moron most of the time I've listened.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I feel compelled to point out, once again, the distance between the thread title and the last couple of posts.
Edit: NTTAWWT

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes definitely a wasted trip if we get Owned and Destroyed like that again. We just can't beat the top Michigan teams anyways.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan returns 1 starter on defense...if this offense can't score more than 15 then Mac and Nuss should be kiffened right there in Dallas.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd still take that over the 5-10 awkward, completely unsolicited jokes that appear to linger on despite his being the only person who actually finds them humorous. Seems like a good guy, but those "crickets" moments are brutal.

It's all embarrassing but man if you cant even speak to a field reporter without blubbering like you just watched Old Yella being put down then maybe you're in the wrong line of work.

:lol: Nailed it.

And I always find myself waiting in breathless anticipation for him to look around the room to find and call out the "injury report guy" reporter before talking about injuries. Every......stinking......time.

I'm with MJM, I haven't been able to stomach a coach's presser since Spurrier. It's like our last three coaches lack the ability to articulate anything and speak in code that apparently they, and only they, understand and find hilarious.

Last edited:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
A score as predicted would show that our head coach is in way over his head and still has not improved the offense going into his 3rd season. It would cast a pall over the entire season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Michigan returns 1 starter on defense...if this offense can't score more than 15 then Mac and Nuss should be kiffened right there in Dallas.
I seriously doubt Michigan will be replacing those guys with a bunch of stiffs. They have recruited pretty well the last couple of years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You guys really aren't cut out for watching football if the postgame pressers bother you that much. About 98% of coaches sound the exact same in those things.

I don't entirely disagree. The problem is that the other 2% are responsible for the majority of wins and rings in college football. The great coaches have complete control of the room and exude a level of confidence that is hard to ignore. They don't need to create humor (where it doesn't belong) as a diversion, or to ingratiate themselves with the shmo reporters in the room. And they'd rather calmly(rudely) dismiss questions they find pointless or annoying, than engaging them and becoming visibly bothered.

I don't mind the vague answers or the tendency to drift away from the original question. That definitely come with the territory. The other tendencies are a sign of discomfort and a lack of genuine self confidence. That's not football related. That's more public speaking related.

To be clear, I like Mac. But those things are a concern, and I find myself generally liking him more when I don't watch or read transcripts of his PCs.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt Michigan will be replacing those guys with a bunch of stiffs. They have recruited pretty well the last couple of years.
True...UF recruited very well for years and struggled mightily on defense in 07 before they learned how to play at the big boy level. Not saying mich will struggle but I still feel better facing a bunch of new starters game 1 then a team loaded with returning starters

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You really think other coaches sound like Mac? I've never heard a shtick like his from a coach in my life.
Think Bowden when he got into his 80s.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
watch_football_like_a_champion_today_t_shirt-r4d5945382d9444778e80807a40c4e97d_jyr6t_324.jpg

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Not cut out to watch football because we cannot stand coach speak?? That is a really odd corrallation. Mac sucks in pressers. First presser here I was really worried. He's just terrible at it. I still love watching football and I'm willing to bet that I watch as much as anyone. Still hate most pressers. Don't know how you made that connection.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not cut out to watch football because we cannot stand coach speak?? That is a really odd corrallation. Mac sucks in pressers. First presser here I was really worried. He's just terrible at it. I still love watching football and I'm willing to bet that I watch as much as anyone. Still hate most pressers. Don't know how you made that connection.
Every coach uses coach speak. Every one. Some may be more dickish about it than others, but they all do it.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
If we were blowing out the competition, his shtick would be welcome. Did we really care about UM's pressers when we were winning? It grates, however, when the product on the field is difficult to watch.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we were blowing out the competition, his shtick would be welcome. Did we really care about UM's pressers when we were winning? It grates, however, when the product on the field is difficult to watch.
Here's a breakdown of every Urban Meyer presser.

"Something something best in America."

"Something something best practice in Bowling Green/Utah/Florida/Ohio St. history."

"Something something great kid, best in America."

"Something something great crowd, best in America."

"Something something top 1% of top 1%."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Every coach uses coach speak. Every one. Some may be more dickish about it than others, but they all do it.
You don't get the point. It's not the "coach speak". It's the near-tears moments in damn near every one. The "and yet", the mindless rambling about the dumbest sh*t for no apparent reason. You obviously haven't listened to any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.