Recruiting Big Recruiting Weekend coming up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some big names coming to Gainesville this weekend, would love to get a commitment or two:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/floridas-newest-commits-another-potential-pledge-set-to-visit

As many as three future Gators could be in town this week as Florida begins its summer camps.

Four-star cornerback Elijah Blades is making his first-ever visit to UF, his dream school growing up in Pasadena, Calif. The 6-foot-2, 175-pounder was originally scheduled to commit on June 12, then pushed back his decision after some recent offers.

But the Gators have long been considered the team to beat for Blades, and his trip could strengthen that lead over Arizona, Nebraska and others.

Florida’s newest commits, athlete Kadarius Toney (Prichard, Ala.) and defensive tackle Jordon Scott (Largo, Fla.), will also make their way to Gainesville. Toney received an offer from Alabama two weeks after his pledge to UF last month.

I Will Be In Gainesville This Weekend✊ pic.twitter.com/jpRkkbrjKr

— C2N® (@kadariustoney) June 1, 2016

In addition to Blades, the Gators will host three more out-of-state targets in tight end Zech Byrd (Millbrook, Ala.), cornerback Brad Stewart (New Orleans, La.) and defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell (Augusta, Ga.).

Florida could also have Alabama offensive tackle commit Alex Leatherwood on campus this weekend. The five-star recruit from Pensacola, Fla., is considering another trip to UF after his visit for the spring game.

UF this weekend maybe

— woodrow™ (@Alskee_) June 1, 2016

Unless otherwise indicated, rankings and ratings come from the 247Sports Composite.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'll take the DT please and more like him.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
Thanks BMF

Blades is becoming a diva lol... I still like his game though. Would love to land him.

Staff wont take another TE commitment yet. McKitty is the top guy and we are definitely in the mix. Plus I think Byrd is a Bammer (as Law would say)

Truesdell is a toss up

We need to pull out all of the stops for LeatherFace though!!!!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is great news that some top prospects are visiting us this early. If I recall we had very few top targets looking at us this time last year

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to pull out all of the stops for LeatherHead though!!!!
FIFY
LeatherHead is a character from TMNTs - very Gator-like.
TMNT212EpisodeGuide.png

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
have we built the football only weight room yet? If not, we're going to come up short on all these guys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would tell the kid from Louisiana to stay home. He's committed to LSU, he just doesn't know it yet.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
have we built the football only weight room yet? If not, we're going to come up short on all these guys.

Football only weight rooms are for dumbbells.

A toast ... may we captivate this weekend the high star-players we need.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
It was a joke. There was a kid a couple months back that complained per se that we didn't have a football only weight facility

This hound would have no issue sharing a weight room with female volleyball, tennis, gymnastic, etc. athletes. Plenty of interesting scents.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw this on GC; coaches making west coast offers to several recruits:

S Josh Talbott (5-10, 180) 3-stars

CB Elijah Blades (6-2, 170) 3-stars

WDE D.J. Johnson (6-5, 240) 4-stars

TE Grant Calcaterra (6-4, 210) 3-stars

WR Joseph Lewis (6-1, 210) 5-stars

All California prospects that have picked up offers in the last week. Curious to see if we have any success here. Really like the film on Blades - hell of an athlete at WR or DB.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's wrong with chick-athletes sharing the weight-room; are our FB players afraid they'll
come up shorts ??

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

All California prospects that have picked up offers in the last week. Curious to see if we have any success here. Really like the film on Blades - hell of an athlete at WR or DB.

If are going to bring in somebody from Cali, I'd like it to be Blades as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

:thumbsdown:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remind me that last Cali recruit we had that panned out? Duke Lemmens?

They are overrated and under talented. Not worth the av gas for the jet. Stay home and recruit the kids that have proven themselves against top Florida talent. Cali 5 star = 3 star. 4 or 3 star= 2 star.

Fix recruiting in Florida and you fix Florida. They way to the top of the SEC doesn't go through LA.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor came from the West. He's worked out OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator