Bill Maher: Bring on a recession so we can get rid of Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Slug, Jun 11, 2018.

1. TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,152
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / -61
    Work on your data mining if you believe this, because it's lacking.

2. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $1,306
    Ratings:
    +2,552 / -216
    Data mining??? I am retired, I watch almost every meeting he has, not the BS analysis of it, the actual meetings. I read the NYT every day.

Most of those tweets are Opinion, nothing more.

If you have any objective evidence that my idea is incorrect I would like to see it, also remember I said most, not all.

3. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,969
    Ratings:
    +12,907 / -337
    He was funny? Ever? What he was, was the first popular politically incorrect. He's loathe to admit, but shares more in common with Trump than any other president.

• TLB

TLB Just chillin'
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,853
      Ratings:
      +4,373 / -46
      I must have some Vulcan in my family tree, because I often understand Chief and can agree with him. I agree with your statement that the liberal/progressive movement created an environment rich for an ego like Trump to step in and counter them - fortunately for him, he's experienced and skilled at 'over arching narratives without facts' to a point of beating them at their own game. His ego, and past successes feeding that ego, tells him he can rail on twitter with his 'opinions' (as Chief put it), and extend that to personal attacks (who has he not insulted?). But his non-personal attack statements are being supported by reality (as Chief indicated, Trump seems to be correct) - reference the FISA listening and myriad of things he was accused of that have not been supported by SP investigation, etc. Chief's data mining is fine, it's evident in our current reality.

• ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
        $1,306
        Ratings:
        +2,552 / -216
        Thanks for explaining something that I rarely do. I don't like a lot of his Tweets, they are mostly political BS. Some of his "facts" are cherry picked and / or too expansive.

He gets results some times, other times not so much.

He does have a big ego and somehow a need to talk about stuff, I would not do so, since actions and accomplishments speak loudly, but I am not a politician.

I see as the real Trump when he is talking with the people in meetings or making a speech like he did at the Coast Guard. He almost always gives credit to those who actually do the work. He even said he would never be in the Coast Guard it was too dangerous for him.

Many hate that he rejects almost all traditional things, I was taught that when something is not working break it. In fact some actually think that even if it is working you need to break it to improve, I don't go that far.

I suspect that others frequently don't really understand my POV, I am way too literal for almost anybody. And I do hang out with a person who would be quite happy to be able to meet the standards of a member of the fictional Vulcan race.