Billy Napier Intro Press Conference Thread; immediately followed with live Oxcast

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Don't get me wrong -- Napier was a good hire, and he will straighten out recruiting and other program problems, but that offense is boring. I suggest that before each game next year that UF paint one wall in the stadium. That way, fans who find the game too dull can watch paint dry instead.

Is winning boring?

Some of you guys are so hung up on passing football that you'd rather have a shootout and lose than a "boring" game and win. It's a Big 12 mentality.

Not only that, it isn't a forgone conclusion that we look exactly what UL looked like. Personally, I like a good strong rushing attack. You can do a whole lot of whatever you want when the defense has to respect the run. He threw downfield a lot on the few games of UL I watched.

Furthermore, we are going to be able to attract a lot of talented OL, RBs and WRs with his system which is something the previous system didn't do for us.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I like a good running attack as well. Maybe it will be different here. Otherwise, ... snooze time. But a good running attack shouldn't consistently require 4 downs to get a first down.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
Actually it's in the Bible that anything Georgia Bulldog related should be shunned.

Exactly. Proverbs 26:10-11 clearly foresaw Mullen's unwillingness to fire Grantham last year:

"10 An archer wounding all who pass by
is anyone who hires a drunken fool.
11 As dawgs return to their vomit,
so fools repeat their folly."

(IGC: International Gator Chatter translation)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.