Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, based on what you have seen the last couple of games would you say that Franks has shown any/much/significant improvement since the beginning of the season? The "inexperienced" argument loses credibility when you realize Georgia is playing a TRUE freshman who looks poised and competent.

I am not ready to toss him to the curb yet because of having seen the improvement in Jarod Goff from one season to the next with a new coaching staff for the Rams. That said, I'd be ok with Zaire finishing the season just to try to score some points and win some games.
I can't say there's been a lot of improvement and would go so far as to say there's been some regression. For example, trying to throw the ball away while in the grasp and the resulting problems, maybe bailing on the pocket too soon, and still staring down receivers. Of course, the O staff hasn't helped him with the route designs and poor to inconsistent execution by the receivers. Pass pro by the OL can certainly be seen as a mitigating factor.

Look, the kid was raw when he came in, so there was going to be a big learning curve. Now whether he's just not sharp enough to ever become functional or better, or is he suffering from inadequate coaching will be a matter of opinion unless there's ever some information from within to confirm one side or the other. I'd hope he won't be completely given up on, but like you say, it won't hurt me if Zaire gets the future nod. I'd like to see if Franks can progress under the new staff. If he does, it would further confirm what a lot think about the whole McElwain way of doing things. The QB position wasn't the only one that was lacking on fundamentals and consistency ;). @gatormandan and @NavetG8r have seen the same issues as they state above. I'm personally glad the change is coming when it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.