Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Georgia

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has done some great things. We have to beat fsu. There's no excuse this year.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Very concise and spot on C2. Franks is incapable of the playing the QB spot from the mental side of the game. And as great as that goal line stand was by the D, they folded worse than a cheap suit at the end of the first half and on UGA's first drive of the 2nd half. Both would have been key momentum helpers. A good read as always C2. Hope you are getting back to some normalcy from the horrible storm!
I will agree with that. Franks has shown a little sunshine under Mullen's tutelage but he just doesn't have the gray matter. We got taken to school by a very good QB on his game, combined with a defense with no secondary and no pass rush. We needed to bring our A game and brought a C-.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the guys who showed up today won’t be back next year . With the exception of Freddie and perine on offense . I’m ready to say bye to Scarlett and feleipe . JS isn’t difficult to replace and feleipe isn’t a championship level QB. On defense the backers should return. We probably lose polite and Zuniga . Turn the page on Felipe and see what what we got in. Jones . Feleipe doesn’t fit what dan wants to do .
Plain and simple. Add to the fact he sucks and it’s a no brainer . Move on to
Emory !
My only worry with Mullen is that he sticks with Franks next year. He's got to move on with another QB. Franks will never cut the mustard.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I’m starting to get quite concerned about our playoff chances.
Yeah, I certainly lost my bottom dollar on this fiasco. Florida completely "spit the bit."

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully these guys will bounce back next week, but losing a game like this and knowing that you're probably not able to win the East is a pretty big downer that will be tough to recover from. A lot of teams have let down games after losses like today, so hopefully Mullen can get their heads up and motivated so that we can at least win 10 games and play in a good bowl game.

This is what worries me. I expected to beat UGA and then come home and lose to Mizzou.

This week will be a testament to Mullen's coaching ability. Can he right the ship quickly because Mizzou is coming in here and this is their bowl game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover, good to wake up this morning and see the analysis. Totally legit.

Franks will never progress further than what he is. I feel Mullen has gotten all that he can out of him. Way too much inconsistency on execution today. That is what I feel we are seeing in this team as they progress. They will be able to put those things together as they move along. We all knew this season would be one that we'll win some we might not and lose some that we shouldn't. But I am ok with where we are for the moment. Lets see how they rebound.

Gotta get up for Missouri. Contain Lock and get on the winning track again. I think this team will rise up and play for Mullen. We've seen that already.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of mention about Fromm's QB dominance in the game against our secondary. Little pressure from us outside of a sack and a couple of pressures. If we can't lock 'em up, pressure is the only thing that saves us or gives us a chance at least against a good QB with a good receiving corps and a good plan. Joseph's sack on the blitz is the only one I can remember, though there may have been one CeCe caused later on. Still, not enough. Dialing it up was a chance we had to take and I don't think we did it enough. A quiet Polite in this area was telling.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has shown a little sunshine under Mullen's tutelage but he just doesn't have the gray matter. We got taken to school by a very good QB on his game, combined with a defense with no secondary and no pass rush. We needed to bring our A game and brought a C-.

Yep oxking, too many Top-10 pieces yet to develop on Mullen's "first-year Gators" in order to consistently whip legit Top-10 teams. Saturday, UF faltered on center-stage. Crap! This bitter loss gives coaches & players a springboard to get better, to film-study our breakdowns and improve. Missouri should be a solid test.

1) I am pleased by the hustling "fight" I see in these Gators. Perhaps Filiepe-Fate worked against them, but they kept swimming upstream. (Is there such a thing as "quick-twitch" gray matter?)

2) A bash-worthy game and we only had only one injury factor in. Our mental spirit was "stay & play". Under past zenthusiasm, more would have fallen out of that game.

3) Aren't y'all like me in spirit and can't wait for our next opponent where we use stronger development to march forward to teach our opponent, the pundips, & ourselves about our betterment. (not at all like recent seasons).

4) Bad-Franks gotta change. Bad DB players gotta change.

5) Here's where coaching shows up (no death-threat downers, no smiley "Where's Waldo" WLOCP-walk-offs)

6) Yep, we got work to do and we got the HC & players to do it.

Grow Gators !! :chomp:

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Pretty spot on with the evaluation. Franks should be done after this year and as I said before, if he starts to stink it up against Mizzou, pull him and pull him early and go with Emory. If we are going to struggle the rest of the season might as well do it developing the next QB, I've seen enough of FF. Not having our 2 starting corners killed us on the defensive side and again, we can't run an effective offense because of the inconsistent QB play. The O-line for me, was the best part of the day if you think about it. The defensive stand was impressive but they just gave up too much in other areas including that abortion just before the half.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of mention about Fromm's QB dominance in the game against our secondary. Little pressure from us outside of a sack and a couple of pressures. If we can't lock 'em up, pressure is the only thing that saves us or gives us a chance at least against a good QB with a good receiving corps and a good plan. Joseph's sack on the blitz is the only one I can remember, though there may have been one CeCe caused later on. Still, not enough. Dialing it up was a chance we had to take and I don't think we did it enough. A quiet Polite in this area was telling.

I'm thinking Henderson getting hurt did not help the blitz packages that Grantham made had in his game plan. So he may have dialed it back or got somewhat less aggressive. But then again may have to give some credit to Leghumpers OL. We still need a dominant NT to draw double teams.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Thanks C2
Your addendum about the size and tackling is spot on. Our DL plays well against less mobile OL where speed kills, but if they are mobile, we don’t have the mass and power to fight of the blocks. The plays with Zuniga were just crazy, designed not to block him as they didn’t think the end could get there, but after a few plays...

Hopefully will get home tomorrow to watch the replay, need to see if our receivers still can’t get open or just not seen. We clearly need misdirects or gimmicks for long passes :(. Still thought FF TD pass was almost picked. The WR blocking was not near as good today.

We knew the DL was weak against a power run and that our LB , heck all the db are now weak in coverage. Huge cushions and still getting beat. Really showed yesterday. Despite all the miscues, they fought hard and were still in it until teh fourth.

QB, well I got nothing. My question would be who are our difference makers and are we getting the ball?

Go Gators

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking Henderson getting hurt did not help the blitz packages that Grantham made had in his game plan. So he may have dialed it back or got somewhat less aggressive. But then again may have to give some credit to Leghumpers OL. We still need a dominant NT to draw double teams.
The last two games, we have not gotten much pressure on the QB -- a definite must if you have young corners. We had no answer against their passing attack.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has done some great things. We have to beat fsu. There's no excuse this year.
Yeah, another silver lining in the cloud. They got completely humiliated at home by Clemson, and all that after the Energy Vampire layed an egg as well.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The damage Butters did especially to the defense is evident and will take a couple years to clean up the mess he left depth wise! This year was about improvement over anything else and DM has achieved that so far. Now let’s finish the season strong and put together a great recruiting class!
One indication of a depth problem is this: with 50 seconds left in the first half, we had held Georgia to 100 yards of total offense.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
One indication of a depth problem is this: with 50 seconds left in the first half, we had held Georgia to 100 yards of total offense.
Yeah, we could have beaten the bastards IF (I know it's a big one), Franks had hit the flea Flicker. Franks hadn't thrown that horrible INT. Franks hadn't fumbled. Scarlett hadn't fumbled. Our DL could pressure the QB. We had a secondary. Actually, we could have beaten them without the depth with decent QB play and no turnovers.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think Id rather see Ugly lose 80-6 than Kintucky.
You want the leg humpers to win?
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb