Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Missouri

Gatorpastor1975

Sep 9, 2018
My thoughts is the guys didn't care to win. They acted like why bother playing since we had no chance to go to Atlanta. It discusses me to see a monkey flinging poo show for Homecoming to Missouri. I want to see a team determined to win out no matter what. Dan wants a strong fan base then put some men who play hard till the clock says zero in the 4th quarter.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mr. Tyson has a point, but if that were universally true we'd all enjoy chicken sh!t as much as chicken salad. Our deficiencies I think have been masked as much by great effort and a growing belief in our schemes and ourselves. But something has happened after the bye week as was pointed out. Not the same effort as we played UGA in my opinion in terms of focus, techniques, responsibilities, and execution. Ironic that it was against Mizzou last year that players admitted mailing it in. I don't think that was the case this year, but an egg was laid nonetheless. I think Franks had a big part in stealing their souls.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Tyson has a point, but if that were universally true we'd all enjoy chicken sh!t as much as chicken salad. Our deficiencies I think have been masked as much by great effort and a growing belief in our schemes and ourselves. But something has happened after the bye week as was pointed out. Not the same effort as we played UGA in my opinion in terms of focus, techniques, responsibilities, and execution. Ironic that it was against Mizzou last year that players admitted mailing it in. I don't think that was the case this year, but an egg was laid nonetheless. I think Franks had a big part in stealing their souls.

I agree with you 100%. I think he’s actually over performed with the talent that we have at defense. And I think that Franks’ attitude, effort, and skill have eroded the drive of this team.

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly can’t see any reason for starting Franks next game. Unless Trask completely tanks, we shouldn’t play Franks again. We definitely won’t win with him. All the games we won this year weren’t because of him, but in spite him. But the problem is bigger on the other side of the ball. We lost this game because we couldn’t defend against a very average team with an OK QB. I know we’re thin, but ...

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s really a crying shame we don’t get the ball to Kadarius Toney more . We could motion him into the backfield for a simple handoff. Even work him into the option game too. Most of those things are simple to do . Just takes time to perfect . He’s such a weapon we could use him as a decoy .
Faking a handoff one way then dumping it down to a back or TE on the backside .
During one of the snippets of the game I was able to watch, Toney made a 5 yard gain out of absolutely nothing. I found myself wondering how many touches he had this year and just then the announcer commented that he only had 23 offensive touches on the season. This my fellow Gators is a crime.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
During one of the snippets of the game I was able to watch, Toney made a 5 yard gain out of absolutely nothing. I found myself wondering how many touches he had this year and just then the announcer commented that he only had 23 offensive touches on the season. This my fellow Gators is a crime.

Who is going to deliver it to him?

How the hell did Jefferson have no catches last week? How in the hell has five star Grimes had virtually no catches this year?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few stats from the game...

Mizzou 471 yds offense, 250 passing and 221 rushing; UF 323, 208 passing, 115 rushing.
Franks threw for 88 yards in three quarters, Trask for 120 in one. Franks completed 41% of his throws compared to Lock who completed 75% of his.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. Franks started showing regression in the Vandy game and it has just continued. The second half of the season usually becomes more difficult as opposing teams know your strengths and weaknesses and lets face it we have few strengths and lots of weaknesses. Mullinz did a good job of smoking mirrors after KY but now the cat is out of the bag.
Can't ignore the talent deficiencies. There's a reason we get bent out of shape over recruiting. Don't think Mizzoo has better talent but they do have Lock and they have had consistent coaching. But why the hell were we so lackadaisical? I know it's hard to get up for Mizzoo but still. Frank's poor play has infected everybody.
We are what we are, kids. Cross your fingers and hope for better.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

How the hell did Jefferson have no catches last week? How in the hell has five star Grimes had virtually no catches this year?
Could explain Law's @Swamp Donkey observation in another thread about how the receivers perked up with the QB change.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Trade third and Grantham for DJ Durkin.
Feleipe Franks Sucks Syndrome is incurable.
Sh!tter is overflowing. The Trask is at hand.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Hell, snap it right to him. He can throw.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
I was out shopping a truck so I was treated to being switched back and forth between this fiasco (of which I blessedly didn't see much) and the FSU/NC State game. Although the Noles got their @sses beat, it looks like they may have found a QB in Blackman. Doesn't look like a promising finale for the Good Guys if a similar move isn't made in Hogtown-- the kid can throw.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Right on spot there Cover. No doubt that FF has hit his ceiling and believe that the team knows it. No mistaking the dropoff since the bye week but I feel it is directly related to FF. I could be wrong but it definitely appears to be that way. The response of the team, the stats, and play can't hide it. Just hard for us being on the outside to narrow down the catalyst of why. But is sure seems that way.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Excellent recap C2 as always. I actually went to the game (first time this year) as I said I would not attend b/c I am not on board with Cousin Eddie. Be that as it may I am assuming it looked worse in person than on TV. This was a total disgrace. Not losing a game but the way they played, coached the effort etc. etc etc. Everyone's fault, which starts at the top. It is my belief that Cousin Eddie will politely ask Franks to move on after the season. Franks is horrendous and unsalvageable as a QB. The defense and Joe Lee Dunn Jr. confused a lot of people early in the year simply by getting turnovers, which skewed the stats. They are horrendous in the back 7. We have the worst safeties since KJ and Tony Joiner. The worst. Not a single safety on the roster who is even below average. They are flat out terrible. Watching both safeteys chase the same motion guy? Embarrassing!!!!!

No other way to put it. Those of us who did not want Cousin Eddie are still going to feel the same. Those who think he will get it done will think the same. We are entitled to our thoughts. What is not debateable was that embarrassing display ON THE FIELD against Mizzou!!!!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Right on spot there Cover. No doubt that FF has hit his ceiling and believe that the team knows it. No mistaking the dropoff since the bye week but I feel it is directly related to FF. I could be wrong but it definitely appears to be that way. The response of the team, the stats, and play can't hide it. Just hard for us being on the outside to narrow down the catalyst of why. But is sure seems that way.
Thanks TN. That's my thinking where Franks and the team perceptions are concerned. His play is an obvious factor, but character will eventually make or break you and the most effective leaders have to have a dynamic quality that make the ones you lead want to go to battle and die for you. If he had that early on, I'm thinking that is eroded or gone now. @FireFoley makes a point that I have thought about in that Mullen has most likely (or should have) seen that Franks has topped out and likely lost the team and he will "help" him find a new home. I can't see anything to be gained at this point by continuing the project. I will tip my hat to Mullen for getting as much out of him as he has, but it is now pretty clear to me that Franks ain't it.

As for what lies ahead, we're in that wait and see place. Despite this debacle, I'm not unhappy with the positives that Mullen has brought. I know he's frustrated more than most can imagine after the performance yesterday, but a good cup of STFU is in order lest he blows up the bridge he has been building. It's a tough gig, but what a HBC can't do is let 'em see you sweat when the cameras and recorders are on. Maybe if he ever builds up enough clout, he can let it rip like SOS, but he ain't there yet and may never be. Keep your head while others around you are losing theirs is the script to follow IMO.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Two things in particular that I noticed. Missouri attacked Vosean Joseph the whole game. He is fast but undersized. Running and throwing at him takes his speed out of play. We need to go back to starting Scarlett. He was the only one who could get yards after contact.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That really says it all. The dude is 30-40 pounds too light to be a DE... and they moved him to DT.

You can't make this shyt up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb