Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Tennessee

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hmmmmm.... I haven't really watched everything yet today but every time I noticed Ce Ce he was getting blown up on run plays. I don't pay too much attention to pass rushing though.

Cece was the first to stop the RB that led to the safety, Shuler cleaned it up. I think. :bandit:
That was a big play.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Don’t necessarily disagree but really need to see him in some extended action to really pass judgement. Just don’t really know what development has taken place with him.

But why call him Trash? Because the kid accepted the scholarship offer? I don’t get treating our players like they were Noles or Dawgs. Probably the biggest change I’ve seen over the years. We used to reserve this for our rivals rather than our own.

It irks me too. We may end needing him badly later this season and Ej is clearly not ready. Everything he has done demonstrates he is very serviceable. He is a fellow UF Gator and a good kid it seems.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cece was the first to stop the RB that led to the safety, Shuler cleaned it up. I think. :bandit:
That was a big play.
While we are at it, @ltraz @cover2 @Captain Sasquatch take a look at the touchback play and tell me what you think. It is around 8:00 in 2nd. I can't make up my mind.

CJ seems confused from the get go, has trouble getting lined up, and goes with the receiver on a slant as if in man, and Stewart seems to be one high. Taylor is on the left side (there is no left CB) and stays in the box. Everyone but CJ seems to be in zone. Who had that TE/FB? We are in a 7 man heavy front with Ce Ce and Moon at OLB on the line.

CeCe is dropping back as if in zone coverage but he is very slow, as if zone blitz maybe? (Normally with one high if a second guy goes deep that CB or the person with that zone has to go with him). Vosean hits the B gap, could be blitzing but he pulls up when he realizes it isn't a run and almost pulls up and looks like "ooops... oh shyt" to me. Normally if in man, Vosean would have either the first or second back on that side, depending on what CeCe's assignment really was and assuming Vosean wasn't blitzing but just hit the hole too aggressively after reading run.

The play fooled us completely regardless and even if CeCe had dropped back on the TE, the RB slipped out too and would have been wide open for a first down at least and likely a long gain. There were actually two receivers completely uncovered and slipping into that empty part of the zone.

What do you guys see?

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While we are at it, @ltraz @cover2 @Captain Sasquatch take a look at the touchback play and tell me what you think. It is around 8:00 in 2nd. I can't make up my mind.

CJ seems confused from the get go, has trouble getting lined up, and goes with the receiver on a slant as if in man, and Stewart seems to be one high. Taylor is on the left side (there is no left CB) and stays in the box. Everyone but CJ seems to be in zone. Who had that TE/FB? We are in a 7 man heavy front with Ce Ce and Moon at OLB on the line.

CeCe is dropping back as if in zone coverage but he is very slow, as if zone blitz maybe? (Normally with one high if a second guy goes deep that CB or the person with that zone has to go with him). Vosean hits the B gap, could be blitzing but he pulls up when he realizes it isn't a run and almost pulls up and looks like "ooops... oh shyt" to me. Normally if in man, Vosean would have either the first or second back on that side, depending on what CeCe's assignment really was and assuming Vosean wasn't blitzing but just hit the hole too aggressively after reading run.

The play fooled us completely regardless and even if CeCe had dropped back on the TE, the RB slipped out too and would have been wide open for a first down at least and likely a long gain. There were actually two receivers completely uncovered and slipping into that empty part of the zone.

What do you guys see?
Looks to me like they were in man coverage, Henderson took #1 right off the bat, and for some reason, Stewart ran with him, too. I think Stewart was supposed to have the #2 man and got crossed up on who it was. Henderson immediately recognized something was wrong and whipped around to chase the TE as soon as Guarantano pulled up to throw back. Also looked like Cece just peeled off to pursue the play when he saw the throw was being made. I'm thinking Stewart just got fooled by the TE being lined up as a fullback and decided to double up the WR with Henderson.

It was only a two-receiver route, and obviously the crossing WR was a decoy. Very well-designed play, I'm just glad that doofus fumbled the ball out of the end zone. :lol2:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Barstool sports says UT LB Quart'e Sapp quit during the 3rd quarter, At least Lemons waited until UK disaster was over.

Pruitt on Quart'e Sapp: He's been a great ambassador for us, but he left the field when he was asked to go in the game and refused to do so. I don't know what happened before, but we're not doing that. I asked him to leave.

edit: Guess I should finish reading the other threads before typing crap at 3 am

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dungy didn't have the championship mentality or killer instinct. He was one of those guys that "was just happy to be here." A moralvictoryist.

I'm no Dungy fan...ambivalent about him at best, but I thought I'd share this in case it was forgotten:

5751871f7ef48.image.jpg

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love how our D just came out and just smashed Tenn from the get go and knocked the rest of their 3 teeth out of their collective mouths!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I mentioned in another thread that when I have seen CeCe on the field, he appears to have mailed it in and is not giving max. effort. However it was than pointed out that perhaps his injury is still not 100%. Can't say for sure, but I hope he is not just going thru the motions.
That’s impossible. I’ve read on this board that he has given max effort on every snap.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Talk about overrated. Gruden. Lucked into a super bowl win with that wimpy Dungy's players, then did nothing. He should have taken the TN job. Actually, he should have proven his intelligence by keeping his Monday Night gig.
A lot of chatters on this board might of sold their souls to get Gruden at UF. He’s very charismatic and would definitely boost recruiting in the beginning at least. Personally I agree with you. He should of kept his Monday night gig. I think old coaches get bored of watching games and doing commentary. Look at Spurrier, the HBC is back to coaching. Competing is addictive to some of guys.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You didn't really mention much about Franks. I think have been very happy with the growth he has shown this year.

I know he still isn't perfect, but 12 TD and 2 INT on the year. He made a great throw to Swain. Great throw to Raymond for a TD and great throw to Copeland to give him a chance to make that play. He also has been running hard and even though he isn't a running QB is doing decent.

I'm starting to see him as a guy who by year 4 really clicks and can be a great passer. I remember hearing how raw he was coming out of HS, seeing his growth this year shows me he is coachable and working hard. Gives me confidence in him for the future!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Looks to me like they were in man coverage, Henderson took #1 right off the bat, and for some reason, Stewart ran with him, too. I think Stewart was supposed to have the #2 man and got crossed up on who it was. Henderson immediately recognized something was wrong and whipped around to chase the TE as soon as Guarantano pulled up to throw back. Also looked like Cece just peeled off to pursue the play when he saw the throw was being made. I'm thinking Stewart just got fooled by the TE being lined up as a fullback and decided to double up the WR with Henderson.

It was only a two-receiver route, and obviously the crossing WR was a decoy. Very well-designed play, I'm just glad that doofus fumbled the ball out of the end zone. :lol2:
Him fumbling that ball was the most UT thing ever

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Maybe if it gets better we can score more than 47 :)

I'd like to see Pierce get more meaningful carries. Start? Probably not as long as Scarlett performs like tonight and Perine is solid. I'll take more carries earlier in games. Toney got some good touches and Cleveland had a nice grab for a TD. A lot of coaches might have cut his plays after his early drop. Hell, all the receivers need more targets, but when you have a bunch of good ones and Franks is the QB and still trying to grow, you don't always get what you want or maybe what was called?

Right.

No one had more than 2 catches. The ball was spread around.

Toney is electric & needs more than 2 touches, but with only 53 plays it’s tight. Scarlett had 11 carries, Pierce 7 & Perine 6. That’s pretty balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb