Bits & Pieces: Florida vs. Texas A&M

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I'm now hoping we see or hear that McElwain has been relieved of his coaching duties or at least Nuss getting the boot either today or tomorrow.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac on the sideline, during a heated game, floating on antidepressants, acting all executive/ownerish over a janitorial like project. Sorry, there is something wrong. You're the HC and you have Luke and Felipe on the bench seemingly reviewing upcoming strategy... this is 3rd-4th qtr crunch time. No headset on Franks, we'll assume Luke is doing his best to communique we think from the box where Nervous Nuss resides. I'm just agreeing, it seems a bit disjointed in a sport requiring a unified mission and source of "belief". I'll chime in as we go in this thread. Good review of events Cover. Are we Doug Dickey and can't win the big ones again? I might have to ride the tractor this morning and contemplate :shakehead:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I just found out that oxking went to bed last night when it was tied 10-10, not caring to finish it. I don't recall him ever doing that in the last quarter century.

I did the same. I am sick of wasting good time watching this absolute fiasco of an offense. Mac and staff are clueless beyond a doubt. Clueless. Today should be the day but unfortunately, he is here next year too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's a sleepwalker - that's gotta be how he gets in my nightmares. Our poor poor gifted athletes who all came here with high hopes of making Gator football shine : McNuss has betrayed them. We have skill players who can dominate but Mac denominates them. Toney and Davis are not schemed around as would make the offense more potent.

Individuals on our D seem to blast into dominance but only as determined individuals, not as a repeatable team-executed scheme. Our OL doesn't block as a unit. I think their "coaching team" does not know how to train that into them. Yada,yada,yada!

We are howling at the moon, trying to impart better coaching ideas. I'm sorry we're all so screwed, And I think this staff will extend unwell beyond 2019 = continued low performing & poorly ranked offense. Stricklin will be a catatonic AD accepting Mac's cashionalizations for "just around the corner" promises. If Corral comes with his crew, his football IQ will show McCrew how to seem to coach better. We've got good athletes ready to shine.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Great job as always C2.

Some things you may not have “seen” over the radio.

Perine ran well in the first half. His TD was a beauty of hard running. He ran heavy and looked quicker than he has in the past.

Coaching staff tried to get the ball to TEs after last week’s disaster.

Franks didn’t see open receivers. Both INTs were dreadful.

We did have a spy/robber on the QB at times but he often got blocked or was out of position.

Offense failed to get running yards in the second half when we needed them. I recall one drive where we got like 8 yards on first down, then nothing on second and third. Another 3 and out and good field position for aTm.

Speaking of which...

NOOOOOORD!!!!!

This game was lost on special teams. Our typically stellar punting was bad. Our typically bad return game was bad. Eddie sending a KO out of bounds, MacArthur Burnett getting 20 penalty yards on a KO return, repeatedly failing to catch the punt resulting in long rolls (honestly, I think he’s scared of muffing the catch), bad decisions on taking KOs out of the end zone (are we ALL hoping we just take a knee every time?), and giving up the big return leading to their go-ahead FG.

There was a ton of “hidden” lost yardage. Special teams is where we lost this game. Every time they needed a score, we gifted them with great field position. When we needed a score, unforced special teams errors had us starting out in the hole.

Yes, I know we have 17 players out on suspension or injury and those numbers show up in the kicking game but that’s not an excuse for dumb penalties, poor execution by our All-SEC kickers, or failing to simply catch a freaking punt instead of letting it roll.

NOOOOOOOOORD!!!!!!!

Alex.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Thanks C2, your commentary is about the only high point on this Sunday.

I thought the defense played winning football against a pretty good offensive team. Couple of big plays that hurt but I expected them to have few.

The special teams were average again when we need them to be special as he!! with our current offensive woes. We have a kicker with a big leg, why not set him up for a sixty yarder at the end of the half? It seems safe to me.

Seems to me that the opposing defense stacks the box in the second half and zones the middle with LB's on an obvious pass. I just think there are some simple pass plays down the field that would exploit that, I just don't understand. Our screen plays are obvious and expected. Some times you have to adjust and do the best you can with what you have, don't see that. What type of pass plays should we run when they stack the box and expect the screen or an out pattern?

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I've read on this board all week. Thanks for that moment of sanity and wisdom, Cover2. :wer'e not worthy:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This game was winnable, I refused to watch most of it. They just had to move the ball by working the side lines to get a FG. So they once again do the stupid thing and throw over the middle into the teeth of the defense.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And another thing, it was obvious we missed Toney. But Dre Massey looked pretty good. He made something positive happen whenever he touched the ball. Why the hell didn't they give him a few more touches???

Especially on 3rd and 1 with about 5 min left in the game!! Run that end around with him and get the damn yard!!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac on the sideline, during a heated game, floating on antidepressants, acting all executive/ownerish over a janitorial like project. Sorry, there is something wrong. You're the HC and you have Luke and Felipe on the bench seemingly reviewing upcoming strategy... this is 3rd-4th qtr crunch time. No headset on Franks, we'll assume Luke is doing his best to communique we think from the box where Nervous Nuss resides. I'm just agreeing, it seems a bit disjointed in a sport requiring a unified mission and source of "belief". I'll chime in as we go in this thread. Good review of events Cover. Are we Doug Dickey and can't win the big ones again? I might have to ride the tractor this morning and contemplate :shakehead:

Agreed, seems as if Mac has no fire on the sidelines. He's not be emotionally lit since he lit into Kelvin Taylor on the sideline. Dude needs to get a little fire in his azz.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac didnt know the door was locked. Even if it was locked from the side he was kicking from.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover, spot on, again!!!

One thing to add. We had receivers open a good part of the night. As I sat there (my only home game this year) watching the HOT Garbage of a coaching display it was, Franks cannot get off his primary receiver at all. He looks them down, double clutches, and shyt's the bed to take off. He has a really good Driskel imitation and will take a 5 yard loss instead of throwing away. He is simply lost out there and with an inept playcaller in Pussmeier our offense will never be more than what it is. He did have the TE open down the middle on the last throw. It should have been a nice easy floater to him. But the panic set in and he gunned it right to the squatting LB. This is exactly what is many of his issues. He cannot view and observe the field.

We will not beat UGAly with how things looked last night. This is the only ranked team left on our schedule. We are fighting for survival and bowl eligibility. We have to win 3 of the last 5 to make it. it will not be easy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just found out that oxking went to bed last night when it was tied 10-10, not caring to finish it. I don't recall him ever doing that in the last quarter century.
I did the same thing, but then found myself watching in bed. That was a waste of time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Zero reason to bring back mac. New blood is needed. Anyone that wants Mac to return for a 4th season is NOT a true Gator. UF>mac

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I liked the spunk our team displayed. Maybe they will tape butters and nuss better for ga where they can't get out of the ball cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator