Blake Bortles finally getting benched? Jags lusting after Kyle Orton

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Shahid Khan is the reason Tebow isn't playing for Jacksonville. It would have certainly put fans in the seats. Any guess as to why Khan didn't want Tebow???

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Shahid Khan is the reason Tebow isn't playing for Jacksonville. It would have certainly put fans in the seats. Any guess as to why Khan didn't want Tebow???
wait he wouldn't be anti-christian would he? seriously I think he took over the team a few years ago and wanted to let the football people make the football decisions and stood in the background. I don't know who's the bigger embarrassment mr. Khan or mr. Weaver for never making a move on Tim Tebow even when it would cost them nothing. it's like they had something against him or something it was really very strange.

Tim Tebow would have increased the value of Mr Kahns investment so it's bad business all the way around.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. They should call him and beg him, if that's what it takes.
Tebow should tell them no thanks. He's in baseball shape, enjoying sports. If he goes back, and isn't perfect immediately, they'll abruptly dump him. I don't trust them. They obviously have poor judgement. Have fun with your phantom sack disengaged QB, JJags management..

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When you hire a search firm to find your new head coach and end up hiring your crappy OL coach from within, I think that pretty much solidifies your organization's complete dysfunction :lol:

This is when I totally gave up. Ticket holder since inception but no more. They even kept the entire staff....

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW I hated the Bortles pick. Voiced my displeasure on FB and my cousin who's son plays at UCF gave me no end of ****. Wonder how's she's feeling about her boy now?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
if this gets looked at next spring I think the Jaguars should offer to bring Tim Tebow in maybe just as a backup and even if he doesn't make the team then at least you could retire with a jaguars uniform on and they can move him into a marketing and public relations position. Oh yeah but I forgot this time next year they'll have another new un clutch first round quarterback scared of his shadow just like Blaine Gabbert just like Chad Henne and just like Blake Bortles. Management will be afraid that Tebow on the roster would intimidate the Young quarterback therefore won't happen just like Blaine Gabbert and just like with Blake Bortles.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Before they were the Jags, they were the Robins. The Robins won the Southern League championship in 1963. In 1965 the Southern Football League folded and the Robins changed their name to the Jaguars and joined the North American Football League. It folded at the end of the year. Fred Pickard was a football coach at Terry Parker, my alma mater in the 60's.
Nice little history lesson here.

http://www.funwhileitlasted.net/2015/03/20/1962-1965-jacksonville-robins/

64jacrob-cherokees-9-26-221x300.png

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
This is when I totally gave up. Ticket holder since inception but no more. They even kept the entire staff....
And their coachs name sounds like moron. This genius coach quit the bills head coaching job a few years ago and a few million dollars a year to become get this an assistant coach. ;) so of course the Jacksonville Jaguars hire him as the next head coach. :ban:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
QBs I've heard jag fans say they want since hearing BB5 lost his job:

1. Kaep
2. Jeff Driskel
3. Alex Smith for a 1st and 3rd
4. Brandon Allen, the 3rd stringer.
5. RG3.
6. AJ McCarron for a 1st

Those are the ones I've heard the most. :eek3:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmmmmm..... Khan. Let me guess some reasons.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014

1. Kaep
2. Jeff Driskel
5. RG3.
6. AJ McCarron for a 1st

Is there even a hard worker in that list? to give up a first and a third for Alex Smith is laughable. I wouldn't even give up a third for that guy who's been beaten up and has a noodle arm. Can you imagine if Jeff Driskel becomes an NFL quarterback?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is there even a hard worker in that list? to give up a first and a third for Alex Smith is laughable. I wouldn't even give up a third for that guy who's been beaten up and has a noodle arm. Can you imagine if Jeff Driskel becomes an NFL quarterback?

The guy on the 10am show hung up on the Driskel caller. He laughed on air. It was hysterical.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

1. Kaep
2. Jeff Driskel
5. RG3.
6. AJ McCarron for a 1st

1. Understandable talent wise
2. :lol:
3. Definitely trolling
4. If we aren't going with Bortles, might as well give Allen a shot. No reason to go with Henne.
5. No thanks
6. :lmao2:

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I laugh to the point of snorting every time a Jags thread is started here. Is there a more irrelevant franchise in professional sports? And that's a list that includes the Winnipeg Jets, Arizona Coyotes, Oakland A's, Miami Marlins, Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks, Calgary Flames, and Las Vegas Golden Knights. :lol:

At least the Miami(Florida) Marlins and the Oakland A's have won world championships in the past 20-30 years.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
1. Understandable talent wise
2. :lol:
3. Definitely trolling
4. If we aren't going with Bortles, might as well give Allen a shot. No reason to go with Henne.
5. No thanks
6. :lmao2:

Allen is terrible and probably won't be in the league much longer. It is telling that even with the QB situation as bad as it is, he isn't receiving any consideration from Marrone. The jags already offered a 2nd round pick for McCarron and the bengals turned it down. So many jag fans, playing GM, say to offer a first which is stupid. I get it. It sucks the season is over before it has even begun. I've given up on the next 3 years when TC hired Mr. "I'd run the ball 85 times if I could." :facepalm:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chad Henne is just as good or better than anyone on that awful list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.