Book reviews

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This is a short must read. For me it was a wake up call and like a match to gasoline.
"The American Spirit" Who We Are and What We Stand For
By David McCullough

Unlike my friend Alex, he shows me my ignorance and naivete with grace. It is like he opened this door
a crack and said "see what you missed?" Right now I'm going to find Lincoln's second inaugural address.
The book is a collection of graduation addresses and speeches at formal occasions he made over the years.
Sometimes I wish I had gone to some great HS in NY or Boston with passionate teachers of history
and literature............the more I read the more apparent it becomes I am further behind than I thought.
Easy read but so inspiring.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So Lincoln was wrong about the war, too. I am getting there little by little.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is a short must read. For me it was a wake up call and like a match to gasoline.
"The American Spirit" Who We Are and What We Stand For
By David McCullough

Unlike my friend Alex, he shows me my ignorance and naivete with grace. It is like he opened this door
a crack and said "see what you missed?" Right now I'm going to find Lincoln's second inaugural address.
The book is a collection of graduation addresses and speeches at formal occasions he made over the years.
Sometimes I wish I had gone to some great HS in NY or Boston with passionate teachers of history
and literature............the more I read the more apparent it becomes I am further behind than I thought.
Easy read but so inspiring.

:sadnanner:

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb