Bowl game opponent

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
It was the old Freedom Bowl in Anaheim. I was there. Had just moved out to CA. Was a complete beat down. They threw it all over the field on us.

Just read an old newspaper article about game. Washington was up 7-0 and on Florida's 2nd play from scrimmage, Douglas faked to Emmitt and scooted 67 yards for a tying TD. Rest of the game was a disaster. The next time a PAC-10 team played an SEC team in a bowl game was Oregon vs Auburn in BCS Championship.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Bowl Game? What a buzzkill. I for one am still dreaming about the playoffs (cue Jim Mora) until we're out of the mix. That said, give me Clemson or ND in the Semi final and Meyer in the Title game. This kind of thinking is the beauty of being back in the mix. Clearly a longshot, but still possible. We can talk about playing Iowa, Miami or Michigan when thats the ceiling, but its the middle of October and we're still alive. Enjoy it.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Bowl Game? What a buzzkill. I for one am still dreaming about the playoffs (cue Jim Mora) until we're out of the mix. That said, give me Clemson or ND in the Semi final and Meyer in the Title game. This kind of thinking is the beauty of being back in the mix. Clearly a longshot, but still possible. We can talk about playing Iowa, Miami or Michigan when thats the ceiling, but its the middle of October and we're still alive. Enjoy it.
This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.