Bowl game projections...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a couple of places where if WV ends up the loser in the Big 12 Championship game that the Peach Bowl could be them vs. the Gators.

That would be an interesting storyline but I think it would be a very bad matchup for us with our secondary right now.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I have seen some projections where we play in the Outback Bowl vs Iowa or the Belk Bowl vs Pitt.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are going to match us up with the fighting Urbs

I agree, any pass happy team is not good news for us, especially if they use their TE or backs out of the backfield, seems we forget they are part of the offense.

Beat the clowns, 9-3 should get us a good bowl, just hope the matchup is good too.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I saw a couple of places where if WV ends up the loser in the Big 12 Championship game that the Peach Bowl could be them vs. the Gators.

That would be an interesting storyline but I think it would be a very bad matchup for us with our secondary right now.

Grier would easily top 400 yards on us.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
West Va needs a better match than us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I saw us as an at large in the Fiesta against the Sooners. No one knows at this point.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I saw us as an at large in the Fiesta against the Sooners. No one knows at this point.

We'd get destroyed in this matchup as well, but OK doesn't have much of a defense. Maybe we could just pound them and keep their offense off the field, but they likely score every time they touch the ball on Grantham's defense.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's almost a certainty we'll finish 9-3 and in the top 12. After that, so much depends on what everyone else does, it's impossible to project who or where we'll be playing.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
It is all about the money, so they should match West Virginia with the Gators. That would make for the most drama.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Rematch of either 1981 Peach Bowl in the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, an absolute debacle (Pell said he hid the game tape under a rock so it wouldn't be viewed) or 1993 Sugar Bowl, where UF and Spurrier's best team (up to that point in time) absolutely annihilated the Mountaineers. Which would it be?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's almost a certainty we'll finish 9-3 and in the top 12. After that, so much depends on what everyone else does, it's impossible to project who or where we'll be playing.
Finish in Top 12 of Football Playoff Rankings, and you are guaranteed a "New Year's Six" game. I have read Fiesta against UCF (Jerry Palm of CBS predicts this) but neither team would travel that far west. I imagine a NY6 game would more likely be Peach on Sat Dec 29 (I'd go), I'm not sure against UCF. Would PB Committee want them two years in a row?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Big 12 is tied into the Sugar against SEC. I still don't see LSU, UGA, and us all three getting NY6 bids.

Us against Northwestern in the Citrus seems feasible.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We're currently at #13, win out and we'll most likely be around 10 or 11. Which would guarantee a NY6 bowl. I personally want UCF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator