Bowl Projections

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n102249 said:
Ridiculous. Have you even watched any games this year?

Mizzou easily beats A&M. It's Arkansas where they'll stumble.

:lmao:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n102251 said:
You need to wake up. We cant fill the swamp.

we're still going to travel to Orlando decently. But that's not what s important it's the Florida gator brand these bowls will want to pick up for viewership

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n102253 said:
Missouri's in for a rude awakening in College Station this weekend. And by rude, I mean like a 30 point loss kinda rude. TAMU has their QB situation figured out and Missouri is missing one of their starting corners. Look out.
I can see that happening.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n102252 said:
Gee anything is better than Memphis, so let's try to be optimistic.
Dooley says he's looking forward to it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n102264 said:
Dooley says he's looking forward to it.

in his defense it's an all expenses paid trip to Memphis

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n102217 said:
CBS says LSU/ND in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. That actually might be worth attending as a neutral fan.
Pregame party at my place if that's our bowl game!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n102268 said:
Last I checked, we are not even bowl eligible yet. This is premature e-speculation...

nice job tally whacker

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone figure out this new Big Bowl system with the non-playoff teams. Could we actually get skipped over for a higher ranking SEC team with the committee despite an SEC Championship if that crazy scenario (hell freezing over) somehow happened. Are the 5 Champions guaranteed a spot in one of those 6 bowls?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"The four-team bracket will pit the No. 1-ranked team against No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3. The selection committee will seed the two semifinal games to prevent the top two seeds from playing in a “road” environment. There will be no limits on the number of teams per conference, in a change from previous BCS rules. Bowl selections will not be determined by conference “automatic qualifier” berths, as used in the BCS, though there will be conference tie-ins for certain non-semifinal bowl games along with an annual guaranteed spot for a mid-major representative. In years when the bowls are not part of the playoff bracket, the highest-ranked non-playoff teams from the following conferences or groups will be selected as follows:
Rose Bowl — Big Ten #1 vs. Pac-12 #1
Sugar Bowl — SEC #1 vs. Big 12 #1
Orange Bowl — ACC #1 vs. SEC #2, Big Ten #2, or Notre Dame
Cotton Bowl — at-large or “Group of Five”
Fiesta Bowl — at-large or “Group of Five”
Chick-fil-A Bowl — at-large or “Group of Five”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That makes it sound like in a year like this the East winner with 3 or 4 losses would be left out of the new major bowls even if they won the SECCG.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n102239 said:
Didn't we go to the Gator Bowl in 2011 after a 6-6 season. Considering we're a lock for 6-5, which is really 7-5, I can't imagine a scenario where they don't grab us up. Rutgers sounds terrible, but the game itself is probably about right. We could also end up at 7(8)-4 and end up in the Outback or Peach. Definitely preferable.

Chick-Fil-A Peach is now part of the championship rotation, you actually might see Marshall crash the party and end up there around lunchtime on New Years Eve.

I think the SEC West is too deep with better teams for UF to end up in the Outback. The Texas projection was nice, but no way those bowl people turn down a West team out there. Likely scenario for UF is Jax or Shreveport, since both Memphis and Nashville would likely take UT and UK ahead of UF.

Of course, we've got to beat EKU to become bowl eligible first.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Still a lot of football to be played before we can see how things are finally going to shake out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.