Bowl Results/How'd the SEC really do?

GrumpyGator

Oct 2, 2016
SEC 6/6 1 to go for National Championship
ACC 8/3 " " "
B12 4/2 Nothing Special here!
PAC 3/3 Ditto
B10 3/7 What a Freaking Joke!!! Yet both OSU & Mich will be ranked in the Top 10 to start 2017
The Little 10 is WAY OVER-RATED!

At first glance looks like ACC is #1 but I'll let the Nat. Champ. Game decide that. Anyway it falls I love the
SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Big 10 = Big Joke. pOSU way over rated as well. I actually feel better now about Meatchicken at the beginning of next season with them losing 20 out of 22 starters. UF has work to do to be ready for them.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Big 10 = Big Joke. pOSU way over rated as well. I actually feel better now about Meatchicken at the beginning of next season with them losing 20 out of 22 starters. UF has work to do to be ready for them.
What will that say about Mac if we still lose that game and their replacing 20/22 starters if you are correct? They should fire him on before we leave TX

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bowl records are crap, most of these teams mail it in and try things they normally wouldn't do during the season. Go take a look at Vegas and all the dogs taking the money this season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What will that say about Mac if we still lose that game and their replacing 20/22 starters if you are correct? They should fire him on before we leave TX
What would you say if a bunch of football savants said Iowa will skllfck us and we beat them 30-3?
I will hang up and listen for your answer......

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ACC's only impressive bowl wins were by FSU, Miami, and Clemson. FSU shouldn't have even won, I blame Michigan for choking on the kickoff coverage and having their best two players hurt. Miami and Clemson were very impressive, though. I guess VT coming back on Arkansas was impressive, but not as much when you consider Missouri did the exact same thing to them in the last week of the season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I think it will say what alot of us are thinking. But he will not be canned in TX.

Just stating from a standpoint the crew that gave the beatdown to Mac last year will be gone. And I was very impressed with some of our youth yesterday.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As many have said, bowl records don't mean much. It would be more meaningful if we looked at the matchups.....like the #2 ACC vs the #4 whomever.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Gators won -- Mushcramp lost. Those two results alone will make this off-season a little better for me.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SEC
animated_bicep_by_feenix501.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As been said a few times, Bowl Games don't matter. Funny how that's said over and over and then turned around when used to point out a narrative to showing poor performance by a team or conference.

We all know the B1G is way overrated and has been. The darling of ESPN, where the big money actually is, loves them and continues to try and prop them up. They will continue in an effort to make their big money earn profits with relevance.

What I find interesting is that the ACC is actually growing and improving. As much as others want to poo-poo on their conference, they are pulling in SEC talent because players are tired of going up against Bama.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
SEC 6/6 1 to go for National Championship
ACC 8/3 " " "
B12 4/2 Nothing Special here!
PAC 3/3 Ditto
B10 3/7 What a Freaking Joke!!! Yet both OSU & Mich will be ranked in the Top 10 to start 2017
The Little 10 is WAY OVER-RATED!

At first glance looks like ACC is #1 but I'll let the Nat. Champ. Game decide that. Anyway it falls I love the
SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!!

6-6 is pretty bad for the SEC. I know it is a down year and the record reflects that.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
When I looked at the games and the teams records, of the 12 games the SEC played in. 2 had the SEC with a better record than their opponent (Alabama & Georgia). 1 Game where the records were even (Florida) the other 9 games, had the SEC team with a worse record than their opponent.

So 3-0 in games where the SEC was even or had a better record.
3-6 where the SEC had a worse record.

Just sayin.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As been said a few times, Bowl Games don't matter. Funny how that's said over and over and then turned around when used to point out a narrative to showing poor performance by a team or conference.
I find it interesting that some of the posters with the biggest "in your face" comments after yesterdays win, are the same ones that claimed this time last year that bowl games are meaningless. Some only see what they want to see, and only discuss facts when they support a predetermined position.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I find it interesting that some of the posters with the biggest "in your face" comments after yesterdays win, are the same ones that claimed this time last year that bowl games are meaningless. Some only see what they want to see, and only discuss facts when they support a predetermined position.
:highfive:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When I looked at the games and the teams records, of the 12 games the SEC played in. 2 had the SEC with a better record than their opponent (Alabama & Georgia). 1 Game where the records were even (Florida) the other 9 games, had the SEC team with a worse record than their opponent.

So 3-0 in games where the SEC was even or had a better record.
3-6 where the SEC had a worse record.

Just sayin.

I kinda get what you are trying to do but that's not how it works. We are usually going against a higher seed from another conference. Why? Because the SEC is the very best of the best. Gotta deal with it. No excuses.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
And I find it interesting that some of the posters with the biggest "bowl games are meaningless" comments after yesterdays win, are the same ones that claimed this time last year that bowl games are all important. Some only see what they want to see, and only discuss facts when they support a predetermined position

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And I find it interesting that some of the posters with the biggest "bowl games are meaningless" comments after yesterdays win, are the same ones that claimed this time last year that bowl games are all important. Some only see what they want to see, and only discuss facts when they support a predetermined position

Just out of morbid curiosity...who said that bowl games are now meaningless that had said they were important last year? Please cite these specific posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator