Bowl Results/How'd the SEC really do?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And I find it interesting that some of the posters with the biggest "bowl games are meaningless" comments after yesterdays win, are the same ones that claimed this time last year that bowl games are all important. Some only see what they want to see, and only discuss facts when they support a predetermined position
Umm... i think you're projecting just to do so. Ive seen no one say that on either side. I've seen plenty of comments that the win isn't some signature accomplishment b/c of the team that was played, but that's not even remotely close to the same thing. Keep trolling but try harder.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What would you say if a bunch of football savants said Iowa will skllfck us and we beat them 30-3?
I will hang up and listen for your answer......
I would say who thought that Louisville was going to beat us in the Sugar bowl a few years ago or who thought App St was going to beat Michigan years ago or GA Southern beating us a few years ago it happens from time to time. Ever heard the quote even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, we were the squirrel yesterday. Hope I answered your question.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I would say who thought that Louisville was going to beat us in the Sugar bowl a few years ago or who thought App St was going to beat Michigan years ago or GA Southern beating us a few years ago it happens from time to time. Ever heard the quote even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, we were the squirrel yesterday. Hope I answered your question.
No I think we were clearly the better team yesterday. That plus we were actually favored in Vegas, whereas none of those other teams you listed were. Not even a remotely comparable situation.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
we were the squirrel yesterday. Hope I answered your question.
Like sas said, we were the better team yesterday...............Ive heard that blind squirrel quote all my life,...........Luck had nothing to do with
that azzz whipping. They were lucky to get those early picks...........or it coulda been ugly nasty,...........

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Look at the teams from the SEC who played in bowl games. About half of them didn't even deserve to be playing in a bowl game.

Mississippi State was 5-7.
Vanderbilt was 6-6.
South Carolina was 6-6.
Kentucky was 6-6.
Arkansas was 7-5.
Georgia was 7-5.
LSU was 7-4.
Texas A&M was 8-4.
Tennessee was 8-4.
Florida was 8-3.
Auburn was 8-4.
Alabama was 13-0.

I would suggest that only LSU and below on that list deserved to play in a bowl game. How does Georgia Tech (8-4) get matched up with Kentucky (6-6) anyway? Of course the ACC won that one. And Oklahoma (10-2) vs. Auburn (8-4). Virginia Tech (9-4) vs. Arkansas (6-6). I'm seeing a lot of mismatches stacked against the SEC.

From that list, only TA&M and Auburn lost. That is a record of 4-2 so far. And Alabama is the only undefeated team left. If they win the championship, it will be 5-2.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Wait wait, are you really trying to claim that UF only won, 30-3, on pure luck?
:rotfl:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look at the teams from the SEC who played in bowl games. About half of them didn't even deserve to be playing in a bowl game.

Mississippi State was 6-6.
Vanderbilt was 6-6.
South Carolina was 6-6.
Kentucky was 6-6.
Arkansas was 7-5.
Georgia was 7-5.
LSU was 7-4.
Texas A&M was 8-4.
Tennessee was 8-4.
Florida was 8-3.
Auburn was 8-4.
Alabama was 13-0.

I would suggest that only LSU and below on that list deserved to play in a bowl game. How does Georgia Tech (8-4) get matched up with Kentucky (6-6) anyway? Of course the ACC won that one. And Oklahoma (10-2) vs. Auburn (8-4). Virginia Tech (9-4) vs. Arkansas (6-6). I'm seeing a lot of mismatches stacked against the SEC.

From that list, only TA&M and Auburn lost. That is a record of 4-2 so far. And Alabama is the only undefeated team left. If they win the championship, it will be 5-2.

Miss State was 5-7 - no way should they have gone bowling

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

UF was clearly prepared yesterday to play. There was no luck at all. UF needs to get to a level where they consistently play like that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
and yet...they won :lol:

Seriously though, how the hell did they even get to a bowl with that record. That's ridiculous

They stated during the broadcast it had to do with all the SEC tie ins and they were the next team.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bowl records are crap, most of these teams mail it in and try things they normally wouldn't do during the season. Go take a look at Vegas and all the dogs taking the money this season.

Wrong rodent, Mr2Bits. Yesterday we were flying squirrels.

In fact there are no blind squirrels, although I'm in the Guiness Record as the only person to own a blind squirrel,
and I had to poker burn his eyes out to make that. :naughty:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Mississippi State was 5-7.
Vanderbilt was 6-6.
South Carolina was 6-6.
Kentucky was 6-6.
Arkansas was 7-5.
Georgia was 7-5.
LSU was 7-4.
Texas A&M was 8-4.
Tennessee was 8-4.
Florida was 8-3.
Auburn was 8-4.
Alabama was 13-0.

What jumps out at me is that, despite the bad year we had (some say horrific, some say bad, none say great)...we still had the 2nd highest win percentage behind Alabama in all of the SEC (recognizing that the 8-3 record above did not include the SEC championship loss).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What jumps out at me is that, despite the bad year we had (some say horrific, some say bad, none say great)...we still had the 2nd highest win percentage behind Alabama in all of the SEC (recognizing that the 8-3 record above did not include the SEC championship loss).
Which brings me back to my favorite saying. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems, and nothing is ever as good as it seems. Unless you're Bama. But those assh*les don't count.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Wait wait, are you really trying to claim that UF only won, 30-3, on pure luck?
:rotfl:
Not at all, I was just replying to the man that replied to me. I think if Clemson played OSU 100 times only 1 of those games goes the way it did the other day. I'm saying if we played Iowa 100 we probably win 75 times but he made it out like we would win 100 out of 100. I'm very proud of the team yesterday they played balls out and I was happy with their performance. With that said I still don't think Mac is the answer

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying if we played Iowa 100 we probably win 75 times
Then me thinks you don't understand the "every once and a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut" reference. ;)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Then me thinks you don't understand the "every once and a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut" reference. ;)
I saw something online that said blind squirrels are getting better medical care than ever and are able to find 75 times the normal amount of nuts they used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator