Founding Member
Sasquatch over Wobble. 1st round KO

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sas vs. Wobble? Sounds like two chicks fighting in some pudding.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just leaving Sunfest in West Palm Beach. What time does the main event start?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Boxing has become so irrelevant in today's sports world. I had even forgot about the fight until i saw this thread. I used to love to watch boxing with my dad, but nowadays, I couldn't give a ****.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you will about Mayweather and his boring fights and especially domestic abuse claims..the dude can box. A technician. This fight wasn't ever in doubt.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n218291 said:
Boxing has become so irrelevant in today's sports world. I had even forgot about the fight until i saw this thread. I used to love to watch boxing with my dad, but nowadays, I couldn't give a ****.

Tell that to the people that shelled out $99 for the fight...a lot of them! A Record amount.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't watch that fight but figured it would be a joke. I don't see why people even care to watch Mayweather fights as they are usually boring as hell. At least in that good era of heavyweights with Holyfield etc. you got some action with good give and take and boxers having to fight through some major adversity. I think Mayweather just caught his higher divisions at a good time. I doubt he would have had much of a chance against a prime Leonard or Hearns etc. at welterweight but his natural weight class would be under that. Pacquiao is really undersized at welterweight.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n218291 said:

It has. You dont hear people getting worked up for fights now like you used to despite the media pushing boring Mayweather fights. I know the PPV has been high due to what the sports places have to pay now to carry it and some people paying crazy amounts to watch it at home but the average joe doesn't even watch it anymore.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Watched a free stream of the fight, it was awful. Boxing and UFC are just a hugging competition, I don't know how anyone could be entertained by that crap.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad I took my kids to see The Avengers instead of paying to see that boring ass fight.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Like most on here I don't care about boxing one bit anymore. I do give Mayweather his due because no one ever really lands a good shot on him. What bothers me the most about him is he delayed this fight for what 5 or 6 years? It's almost like he was waiting for Paquio to get over the hill. I would have liked to see them fight 5 years ago.
Favorite fighter of all time was "The Motor City Hitman" Thomas Hearns. Dude won belts in 6 weight divisions and would have beaten Hagler if he hadn't broke his hand in the first round of that fight. Needless to say he would have killed either of the 2 boxers from last night.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Boxing is dead. This was a spectacle of sorts but the sport as whole is terminal.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Manny is undergoing shoulder surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.