Boxing News

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/17/politics/mitt-romney-boxing/index.html

This might be better placed in the political forum, feel free to move it if you wish.

I found this and thought it was very special. I admire Romney but this is way over the top. I wonder what his wife things, and I assume that it is like professional wrestling and there is somewhat a script.

Call him a glutton for punishment, but Mitt Romney is looking for another drubbing. But instead of another campaign, Romney is jumping into the ring -- an actual boxing ring -- with ex-heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, a Romney aide confirmed on Monday.
"It will either be a very short fight, or I will be knocked unconscious," Romney told the Salt Lake Tribune.
Romney, 68, will suit up and face the 52-year-old retired boxer for a charity event in Salt Lake City on May 15.
But don't expect a knockout, Romney said the pair will "spar around a little bit," assuring that "it won't be much of a fight."
Proceeds of the event will go to Charity Vision, a charity group founded by a physician and former Mormon missionary aimed at bringing medical care -- mostly eye surgeries -- to impoverished areas of the world.
Romney, a Mormon, has become involved in the organization's charity work, according to the Tribune. Romney ruled out a third presidential bid earlier this year.

Bloviate!!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n193057 said:
Will keep it here for now…

Thanks it might not generate too much interest in any case. I was trying to be polite under my new policy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You expecting a Rocky IV type exhibition fight there Vulcan?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n193096 said:
You expecting a Rocky IV type exhibition fight there Vulcan?

No I expect a fun time raising some money. I expect that Mitt will donate some as well as going into the ring. I can't imagine many other people of his status and political experience even considering doing it for charity.

I hope it gets posted online so I can see it, I might even pay something which I almost never do for internet type things.

I admire him a lot and this only makes it better for me.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So that's why he isn't running again. He's going to pick up Old Timey Boxing!

box_g_sullivan11_200.jpg

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To bad Vlad isn't up to the challenge.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This will be more scripted than when Mickey Rourke fought that homeless guy in Russia who took a dive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.