BR and twitter weighing in on how many wins Muschamp needs to keep his job

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Preseason I'm always optimistic but our schedule is a Beast.

I think we win 7/8 games and CM is retained because of the positive movement of the program (if we are competitive in the loses).

* I fully expect Saban and Fisher to hold it down against us because they prefer CM to a new coach.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beat Georgia or gtfo I don't care how many games he wins if he can't take back our rivalry games

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n3657 said:
I'm with Wobs on this one. In fact, I already stated we're going to win em all and take the NC this year. Yes, Bama is going down and the whole country will be on notice!

I'll have whatever you guys are drinking/smoking... I need some positive vibes! Vegas has us at 7 wins, and if you look at our schedule I wonder if that can be accomplished after last season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gmdgator;n4106 said:
I'll have whatever you guys are drinking/smoking... I need some positive vibes! Vegas has us at 7 wins, and if you look at our schedule I wonder if that can be accomplished after last season.
It's a new season with new OC and OL coaches. We have loads of experience coming back, and there's no way in hell we can possibly have the number of injuries we had last year. We are one of the few teams returning their starting QB. Our Defense will be tough as usual. The Gators are going to shock a lot of people this year. Book it!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n4116 said:
It's a new season with new OC and OL coaches. We have loads of experience coming back, and there's no way in hell we can possibly have the number of injuries we had last year. We are one of the few teams returning their starting QB. Our Defense will be tough as usual. The Gators are going to shock a lot of people this year. Book it!

This is why I believe we win 9+ games.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n4120 said:
This is why I believe we win 9+ games.
When we beat Bamma, you'll jump on the Navet train. It won't be some miracle missed FG return either, we're gonna win decisively.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A few weeks ago, BR predicted nine wins, with losses to Bama, UGA, and FSU. That means we will beat all of our toughies at home, plus UT and the Dores on the road. If we only win 9, I'd rather trade a loss to LSU at home for a win with UGA. I think 8 wins will save his job, especially if one is over UGA. Nine will definitely save his job.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think 8 wins is underacheiving for this team. I think they should and will win at least 9. I believe the only way Muschamp stays with 8 wins is if he beats UGA, the offense is in the top half of the SEC, and 3/4 of the losses are within a TD. This team has a legitamate shot to win the East or even the SEC (if they get some luck) for several reasons, many of which have already been mentioned:

1) Talent wise this is the best O-line that we've had since '09, and the addition of Summers makes it even better.
2) This is also the best group of WRs that we've had since '09. I don't think Leak is as good of a WR's coach as Phillips right now, but I think Chris will have an overall better coaching career than Phillips and will do well enough this year. He knows offenses and what WRs need to do to help the QB. I'm sure his age helps him relate well to the players, and his past success will help with recruiting.
3) This is the deepest UF has been at RB in maybe over a decade. I think Taylor will shine this year.
4) Driskel hasn't been perfect in his career, but his experience will help a lot more than most of us realize. Plus, he is finally in an offense that fits his skillset and what he is comfortable doing thanks to Roper. Also helps that he now has a new TE that lead his previous team in receiving last year.
5) VHIII and Fowler may be the best in the country at their respective positions. This will certainly help our pass defense against several QB's in their first year of starting. The youth in the secondary is a little alarming; however, it is evident by this year's draft that our freshmen DB's will be upgrades from last year.

I only have two main concerns for the success of this season: 1) Very difficult schedule. This is not a good time to play at Bama because of the next reason, 2) run defense. I know there were some guys out of the spring game that will play this fall, but our offense ran the ball on our defense with great ease in the spring game. We have some experience in the middle of the defense, but there were times last year they did not play well. Hopefully this year, they will play smarter and time with Dillman this summer will make them stronger. Obviously their health and depth could play a big impact as well. I think it is safe to assume that our pass defense will be one of the best of the conferense, but if teams are able to run the ball on us, our offense will need to score 30+ points in most games for us to have a chance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n4153 said:
A few weeks ago, BR predicted nine wins, with losses to Bama, UGA, and FSU. That means we will beat all of our toughies at home, plus UT and the Dores on the road. If we only win 9, I'd rather trade a loss to LSU at home for a win with UGA. I think 8 wins will save his job, especially if one is over UGA. Nine will definitely save his job.
I don't even understand the mindset of someone who thinks a coach who goes 3-5, 3-5 and 4-4 in the SEC at UF should even be considered for another year.

I guess some of you graduated from Vandy and appreciate mediocrity.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of dynamics in play as the season begins, and each game is an event in itself. So, good start, build confidence, buy in to team, could make for a magical year. Not so good start, lack of confidence, internal bickering, could be a disaster. I think we rise up...predict 10-2 with all the big games being competitive. Really need to beat the Dogs and Semis this year...but 8 wins and competitive on the field keeps his job. 8 wins and stupid stuff on the field sends him packing...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4276 said:
I don't even understand the mindset of someone who thinks a coach who goes 3-5, 3-5 and 4-4 in the SEC at UF should even be considered for another year.

We've been over this. No one really thinks he should still be our coach after last year. Unfortunately, he IS still our coach, and he WILL BE our coach until he's fired. Personally, I'd prefer he win enough to keep his job. That'll mean the Gators are winning a bunch, and I like it when that happens.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4276 said:

Did you just leave out 2012?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n4315 said:
Did you just leave out 2012?
Yes, but he does that because some people like to leave out our loss to UL in the sugar bowl that year. It's his way of protesting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I don't care if he was 14-0 one damn year if he sucked all the rest.

Hell, I don't care if he had gone 8-5 last year instead of 4-8, if he goes 6-6, 8-5 and 8-5 in four years it's obvious the wall punching moron isn't fit for the job. He gets four wins before he even steps on the field (I mean, assuming you can beat the Jorga Southerns and Louisana Lafayettes of the world).

Honestly, I can't even understand some of you. You seem to enjoy our team sucking because you think it makes you more of a fan somehow. Embarassing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4323 said:
Yeah, I don't care if he was 14-0 one damn year if he sucked all the rest.

Hell, I don't care if he had gone 8-5 last year instead of 4-8, if he goes 6-6, 8-5 and 8-5 in four years it's obvious the wall punching moron isn't fit for the job. He gets four wins before he even steps on the field (I mean, assuming you can beat the Jorga Southerns and Louisana Lafayettes of the world).

Honestly, I can't even understand some of you. You seem to enjoy our team sucking because you think it makes you more of a fan somehow. Embarassing.
It's not that we enjoy our favorite team sucking. It's more that we just prefer not to wallow in misery. Try looking at the bright side of things whenever possible. It makes life much more enjoyable.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n4326 said:
It's not that we enjoy our favorite team sucking. It's more that we just prefer not to wallow in misery. Try looking at the bright side of things whenever possible. It makes life much more enjoyable.
It will never happen. If law hasn't gotten by now that no one on this board is happy with last year, he will never get it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Navy, I get optimism. I live in the real world and don't live my life like that, but I get how some people honestly believe or hope we'll be 14-0. I don't get people saying that he should remain if he posts yet another mediocre season. That I don't get. Not all. I have no tolerance for a coach that makes us less than Vandy, Mizzu, or Jorga.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4330 said:
Navy, I get optimism. I live in the real world and don't live my life like that, but I get how some people honestly believe or hope we'll be 14-0. I don't get people saying that he should remain if he posts yet another mediocre season. That I don't get. Not all. I have no tolerance for a coach that makes us less than Vandy, Mizzu, or Jorga.
^This

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n4330 said:
Who has said he should stay after another mediocre or worse season? I have only seen people say that he will stay if he wins 8+ games this season. No said he should, just that he will.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n4334 said:
Who has said he should stay after another mediocre or worse season? I have only seen people say that he will stay if he wins 8+ games this season. No said he should, just that he will.
^^Yup. Unless you got a bunch of millions in your pocket you feel like parting with, I don't think we as individuals can really do much about it. It's much easier on my heart to hope Coach gets things turned around and becomes the dynasty coach we all want. Bitching and moaning about him when you have no power to change anything, really doesn't accomplish a thing other than just keep yourself up in a tither.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.